Danny Ings

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s no better than average. Not the striker to lead the line for a club chasing multiple trophies every season.

Which average are we talking about? He's way above Premier average since coming back from injury a couple of seasons ago.

A very very good record last season and this. 25 last year, scoring against Liverpool, Leicester, Spurs, Arsenal. The video is a good watch. There are a lot of goals of the type we laud Aguero for. Precision finishes from the edge of the box, and a tonne of good finishes all round in fact, plus some real poacher's moments including two where he's literally mugged the keeper. That would fit in very well with our game.

This season, Southampton went into freefall at the start of 2021, and I wouldn't pay too much attention to him not scoring when they are losing 9-0, all in all shipped 34 goals in 12 games, three of which he wasn't available for. He's still 9 in 23 which is hardly a disaster. Very comparable to Jesus's figure of 8 in 21.

All in all, as today showed, he definitely has something we lack. His scoring record is the same against big teams as the minnows - not a flat track bully. He's a very skilled and decisive finisher in his prime.

If it was him for a season and whilst we wait for Mbappe, for instance, I'd be all over it.

There was a 'story' last week that RM were looking at him.

If nothing else it proves he's improved immeasurably to the lad that went on loan.

@RSC Anderlecht Huisstijl can you add some meat to the bones?

I think Nmecha's lack of scoring, and weak positioning in front of goal makes him not that interesting for Man City.
And because of the good numbers with Anderlecht, I think you guys will cash in on him this summer.

Player with not the best injury record who’s knocking on abit.
If only we had one of them already.
Think Ings would come in on a much cheaper wage than club-legend Kun. That being said if the choice was between the two Kun would be a no-brainer to me, maybe less so for Pep.

Ings is the buy if Haaland prices himself out of a move this summer and every club has to keep its financial powder dry to get him next year on his release clause. Infinitely prefer this move to Lukaku since although Lukaku is better Inter will value him quite high.

I also may be in the minority but could see him popping off with our service. He's looked more composed since his second knee injury as he's had to rely more on positioning and less on pace.

I need to ask once again. Why are people wasting their time with this when there hasn’t been a single even half-trustworthy source linking us to him? The only “links” so far are quite obviously false. A non-starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.