Danny Tiato against Blackburn at Maine Road

clowns pockets said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
I remember the tackle, but it wasn't against Blackburn when he kicked the bottles. It was against Norwich at Carrow Road, so not the game when Eyal scored THAT goal.

The game against Blackburn was brilliant though, wasn't it? 2-0 down at half-time, Tiatto sent off, playing shite all game. Then Berk starts to play, the Goat comes on and we rescue a point. Remember the equaliser, when it only just misses Anelka. If it would have hit him, he would have been offside and the goal wouldn't have stood.
it was against Norwich at Maine rd when Eyal scored THAT goal

Really? I thought I remember on the DVD him walking past a massive Norwich badge on the floor just in front of the tunnel.

One of my favourite ever players. Every goal he scored was immense. Derby away in the League Cup in 1998 springs to mind.

Never understood Keegan letting him leave after signing an ageing Tarnat for a season.

I was oversea at the time but did he not score a great goal but was for some reason cancelled for off side (Boro)??<br /><br />-- Thu May 26, 2011 6:50 pm --<br /><br />
mancitymick said:
I was oversea at the time but did he not score a great goal but was for some reason cancelled for off side (Boro)??

Ignore above, should of just clicked on the link..doh

It was the game at Maine Road against Norwich that Eyal got that goal that Tiatto got sent off.. Was for a coming together with a Norwich player who milked an elbow, Tiatto got a straight red and kicked all the water bottles over, started to go down tunnel before trying to return to have a go at the ref.. Keegan and a copper had to restrain him.

Meanwhile, Pearce was trying to pick the diving Norwich player up from the floor by his hair.

At that point Norwich were our closest challengers and thought we had handed them the advantage but we really played well that day

Manchester City
In the summer of 1998 Tiatto was signed by Manchester City for a fee of £300,000. Tiatto struggled to hold down a first team place during his first season at Manchester City, partially due to indiscipline. The next season was more successful for Tiatto, making 35 appearances as Manchester City gained promotion to the Premiership. The 2000/01 season saw Manchester City relegated, however, Tiatto performed well for the struggling club, and won Manchester City's Player of the Year award for the season. The 2001/02 season saw Tiatto again form part of a promotion winning side. On the return to the top division Tiatto again found his first team opportunities limited. A sending off against Blackburn Rovers six minutes after coming on a substitute resulted in a long exile from the first team. Injuries also restricted appearances, with Tiatto making just 13 starts in the final two years of his time at Manchester City. Tiatto signed for Leicester City on a 2 year deal in the summer of 2004, after his contract Manchester City expired.
During his time at Maine Road Tiatto was famously the subject of a Kevin Keegan quote notorious for its apparent lack of sense; "As far as I'm concerned, Danny Tiatto doesn't exist."
Apps Goals

1998–2004 Manchester City 139 (3)

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Tiatto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Tiatto</a>

I remember being behind the goal at boro and tiatto scored one of the best goals I had ever seen, only to have it disallowed. On tv there was absolutely nothing wrong with the goal. Anyone have any footage of that? It was a stunner.

Tiatto was hot property for a while at this time and linked with some big money moves

banbury_blue said:
At that point Norwich were our closest challengers and thought we had handed them the advantage but we really played well that day
People have said this season that QPR have walked the Championship. But they're nothing on our last promotion winning side. Fuck the fact that it was the second tier, that was frankly some of the best football I've witnessed as a Blue.

Didsbury Dave said:
I remember being behind the goal at boro and tiatto scored one of the best goals I had ever seen, only to have it disallowed. On tv there was absolutely nothing wrong with the goal. Anyone have any footage of that? It was a stunner.

Tiatto was hot property for a while at this time and linked with some big money moves

Was that the one where he ran from the half way line?

lancs blue said:
Horrible challenge but saying that the victim was David Thompson, an obnoxious Scouse twat who deserved it!

It was definitely in the Blackburn match as JMA says, his sending off against Norwich was a soft one.

Thompson was a good player, very underrated IMO and he was running that game until Tiatto did him.
Thompson going off was the turning point, rather than Tiatto being sent off if you understand what I mean.
Tiatto's sending off against Norwich was a poor decision. I remember hearing Pearce in an interview where he said about using things to your advantage and I can quite clearly remember him bullying the lad who got Tiatto sent off to the point where the Norwich player had a shocker.
Wanchope also scored a peach of a goal in that game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.