Darwin Nunez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only takes half a season of good form and positive scouting reports to ramp up interest. Last season he was linked to Brighton, now he's scoring in CL.

Well he has the most assists in the league lol, i didn't say anything about his first touch. As I said, Pep is basically guaranteed to transform the lad into the best possible version of himself so if he has at least the fundamentals then its easy to see why we are interested. We won't go anywhere near the price for Haaland, Martinez or Kane etc.
Posted this back in January. Still true to this day albeit he has got a lot better since I was arguing about him back then. 6 in 7 in league and Cl, no assists yet which he was doing a lot more of back in January. Perhaps hes found that killer instinct and is taking on a lot more chances now rather than necessairly assisting them. We have good relations with Benfica, I could see a deal happening. We have a few players they would be interested in.

I know it upsets a few on here but you should start accepting that someone such as Nunez or Vlahovic is coming, not Haaland.

Posted this back in January. Still true to this day albeit he has got a lot better since I was arguing about him back then. 6 in 7 in league and Cl, no assists yet which he was doing a lot more of back in January. Perhaps hes found that killer instinct and is taking on a lot more chances now rather than necessairly assisting them. We have good relations with Benfica, I could see a deal happening. We have a few players they would be interested in.

I know it upsets a few on here but you should start accepting that someone such as Nunez or Vlahovic is coming, not Haaland.

So that’s our level? Like Spurs or Everton? Why shouldn’t we be targeting the sort of players PSG, Real Madrid and Chelsea go after?

So that’s our level? Like Spurs or Everton? Why shouldn’t we be targeting the sort of players PSG, Real Madrid and Chelsea go after?
Yeah mate that's our level. If only we could sign players like PSG, Real and Chelsea. Maybe we would win a few pots.

“The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.”

I've long since accepted that of all the world superstars we've been linked with, ZERO have arrived here, because we've set our valuations & set out our playing terms & one or both haven't been accepted.

I'd love to have Mbappé or Haaland at The Etihad, but unless either of them state they only want City, then we have to accept that with Real willing to bid €200m for Mbappé, it ain't gonna happen for us.

In this respect, it's best we look at the next level & that's where the potential of Vlahovic or Nunez comes in. We took the chance on KDB when the majority of football thought we were bonkers, & he's proved to be one of the best midfielders on the planet.

It's best we accept this is who & where City are at present, & I can't see things changing any time soon, especially with the spectre of FFP hanging over us like the Sword of Damocles.

Yeah mate that's our level. If only we could sign players like PSG, Real and Chelsea. Maybe we would win a few pots.

You can always aim higher, do better and win even more.

Don't know about the lad but it makes me laugh when people come on stating don't waste money on some player who could become fantastic in the future when a lot of people have been saying for years we need our scouts to be getting the next gem.

Kane too old, injury prone, not good enough scouts need to earn their money

Young up an coming player not good enough yet but could become amazing

Thank fuck its not my job trying to please everyone with signings
Why are some acting so uninformed and closed minded...Guys like Vlahovic, Osimhen, Wirtz, and Nunez are loaded with the potential to be big time strikers...Of course Haaland is first choice, but you need viable alternatives...people are comparing them to Aguero, Kane, Lukaku and others who've made their careers...who will be the top strikers over the next 5, 7, 10 years if not some of these youngsters?...I agree with you 100% that a guy like Nunez could become amazing and one million times better than what we have in the box now...

The trouble with your theory is it very much depends on having the best manager football has seen.

Without him and without a number of elite players(we have maybe kev, dias and laporte who i'd consider elite) our position in world football could drastically change. Thats the fear i guess.

Legit question here...when pep signed for us how many of us expected a slew of world class elite marquee signings? I know i did and thats not to say we signed bad players. Maybe its an ego thing with pep(as in he avoids them) as some have suggested. Whatever the case may be the next manager will not get the same from this squad...i'm fairly confident of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.