Dave Lee Travis arrested

I never liked Travis, he always seemed like a right un-funny smug turd. I cant help thinking, however, that there's something not right about this story. He said its something to do with adult women and the rumour is that he groped two women in the 1970's.

Why didnt they say anything in the 40's since? This is nothing like Saville where the victims were kids and clearly not in a position to challenge a very powerful man. Someone's pit to make a few quid IMO.

u2fme2 said:
Where the hell is all this going to end ?
This will end up the same as most things in this country. We swing from one extreme to the other. Others have already stated that this will be the new PPI with droves of lawyers asking people if they've ever been touched against their will. Most, or quite a lot of blokes on here will have been groped by drunk women. All you had to do was go to a shithole like bookbinders when you were in your late teens/early 20's. Is that sexual assault?

2sheikhs said:
u2fme2 said:
This will end up the same as most things in this country. We swing from one extreme to the other. Others have already stated that this will be the new PPI with droves of lawyers asking people if they've ever been touched against their will. Most, or quite a lot of blokes on here will have been groped by drunk women. All you had to do was go to a shithole like bookbinders when you were in your late teens/early 20's. Is that sexual assault?

Anybody who compares the sexual abuse of children with mis-sold PPI,however, is a complete and utter idiot.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
2sheikhs said:
u2fme2 said:

Anybody who compares the sexual abuse of children with mis-sold PPI,however, is a complete and utter idiot.
I think you miss his point somewhat.

2sheikhs said:
u2fme2 said:

I'm not NF. I'm saying the whole abuse thing is going to be diluted by people saying "DLT touched my arse in 1973". It's all being put under the savile umbrella when the focus SHOULD be solely on the abuse and exploitation of kids and those who allowed it or covered it up. This is what has angered DLT and he has a point.

2sheikhs said:
2sheikhs said:

I'm not NF. I'm saying the whole abuse thing is going to be diluted by people saying "DLT touched my arse in 1973". It's all being put under the savile umbrella when the focus SHOULD be solely on the abuse and exploitation of kids and those who allowed it or covered it up. This is what has angered DLT and he has a point.

Fair play mate - until such time as we know just what DLT is alleged to have done,then we should suspend judgement.
If he supposedly groped some random woman in a nightclub then clearly he shouldn't be bracketed with the likes of Savile,and no sane person would suggest that an alcohol-induced fumble should be cause for compo-chasing 30 years later.
Otherwise most of us would be facing litigation.

Whos next FFS? Chris Tarrant? Cheggers? Philip Scholfield?

All of the above (and many more) have come into contact with so many kids over the years, it wouldnt be hard for some scrote to make up allegations of improper touching and the like.

Not saying DLT is innocent, but I hope the police have their shit together before they start throwing around child abuse charges. That being said - if he is guilty, I'd have no problem with him (or any other child abuser) being put down to save some taxpayer money.

TFC said:

All of the above (and many more) have come into contact with so many kids over the years, it wouldnt be hard for some scrote to make up allegations of improper touching and the like.

Not saying DLT is innocent, but I hope the police have their shit together before they start throwing around child abuse charges. That being said - if he is guilty, I'd have no problem with him (or any other child abuser) being put down to save some taxpayer money.
Unless other allegations towards him have been made, I was under the impression it was a woman who was 18 at the time who said he put his hand up her skirt and groped her arse. Even if he was guilty of this, the fact that it has come under the "operation yewtree" investigation has led people to believe that he's a kiddie fiddler. In say, 10 years time someone says "do you remember operation yewtree?", They'd say "yeah, it was that big investigation into child abuse, DLT got arrested". That shit will stick with him forever now just as it will with McAlpine.

2sheikhs said:
TFC said:

Unless other allegations towards him have been made, I was under the impression it was a woman who was 18 at the time who said he put his hand up her skirt and groped her arse. Even if he was guilty of this, the fact that it has come under the "operation yewtree" investigation has led people to believe that he's a kiddie fiddler. In say, 10 years time someone says "do you remember operation yewtree?", They'd say "yeah, it was that big investigation into child abuse, DLT got arrested". That shit will stick with him forever now just as it will with McAlpine.

and you'd be utterly misinformed then!!!

He is accused of touching the tits of a 20 year old colleague who was broadcasting at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.