Dave Lee Travis arrested

mackenzie said:
There should be no names released until, and if, a guilty verdict is given.
I agree, but in Travis case, no names have been "released" by the police, the trouble is the media now have a reporter behind every hedge, so if a celeb gets nicked their name will most likely appear, unless they're quick to get a lawyer to get an injunction.

Even if the media don't see an arrest, a neighbour will, and neighbours are often jealous of famous people, so will go to the media with the story, but this is more about some of our population needing to be fed stories about celebs by our tabloid media to keep their lives going.

Many people buy the tabloids for the tittle tattle about famous people, true or not.

mjwbgm said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
honest answers.......

A man from the 50s has a baby with a 14 year old bar maid - what is he?????
was it jerry lee lewis
He married his 14 year old cousin didn't he? .... all legal and above board in 'the states', apparently.

But to be honest, I think standards, in the 50s and 60s were very different, and a lot of things that are considered unacceptable today, particularly in the entertainment industry, (and politics) were merely considered to be ' The Norm" back then. and charges were very rarely brought or pressed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Priscilla was much older when she started "dating" Elvis (allegedly with her mother's approval)

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
mjwbgm said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
honest answers.......

A man from the 50s has a baby with a 14 year old bar maid - what is he?????
was it jerry lee lewis
He married his 14 year old cousin didn't he? .... all legal and above board in 'the states', apparently.

But to be honest, I think standards, in the 50s and 60s were very different, and a lot of things that are considered unacceptable today, particularly in the entertainment industry, (and politics) were merely considered to be ' The Norm" back then. and charges were very rarely brought or pressed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Priscilla was much older when she started "dating" Elvis (allegedly with her mother's approval)

Very true she was 14. Her Parents didn't approve, they just couldn't stop it happening as she admits herself she refused to stop seeing him. They finally accepted it after meeting with Elvis and his Father and being assured he would behave himself. Good point though it never seems to be mentioned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.