Dave Wagstaffe RIP

Vienna_70 said:
I don't remember Dave playing for City, but I do remember him at Wolves in the early 70s.

R.I.P. Dave.

I remember him from the late sixties at Wolves, but sadly too young to see him at City. He was a decent Winger. RIP.

I remember one match against Leeds when Dave was being kicked up and down by Don Weston, I think, anyway after another battering by the corner flag he ran back but on the way he landed the juiciest whack I had ever seen and carried on running. Weston just smiled as if to say that he had deserved it.
Dave made history for being the first player to get a Red in '76 when he was at Blackburn.
R.I.P

Sad news as we start a new season but two great City wingers now up there together again. Seem to recall that through the junior sides Neil Young was a year or two behind DW so could always play on the left. Nellie only switched to the right when they both hit the City reserves/first team. Happy memories.

I used to have one of those football picture cards of Dave in Wolves colours and my Dad told me that Waggy had played for City in the early 60's.

RIP Dave

Used to go Maine Road with his son in the early '80's,he was extremely proud of his old man and what he did in football.
I'll have a ring around the old crew and pass on my condolences.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.