Dave Wagstaffe RIP

Didn't waggy have a bit of a dust up with crerand in a derby one time, some of the early sixties guys would remember, RIP waggy

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
laserblue said:
. A very talented winger and an early City hero for me.

Me too

Me too, he was my first City hero when I used to go with my Dad. We would stand on the Scoreboard End and remember my Dad shouting "Get stuck in Waggy" but he never did, great on the ball but to coin a popular phrase on here He didn`t track back.

RIP Waggy

I pay my respects to Waggy and condolences to his family.
A classy left winger who sometimes didn't bother beating his fullback, he would cross the ball early. He could float the ball in and our forwards and later Derek Dougan would feed on his crosses. As others have said he was one of my first heroes.
I remember it was a shock to hear he had gone to Wolves for £35000, supposedly to pay for the new floodlights.
Nelly Young and Dave Wagstaffe. Indeed it is an end of an era.
Sad losses.

RIP Waggy, my condolences to his family and friends. The best crosser of the ball I've seen play for City, he could drop the ball on a sixpence Derek Kevan must have loved playing with him.

left great memories for me-was a wizard down the line and a real shock when he went
what a left peg!
RIP and condolences to his family.

MEN has made a passing reference to this incident in 1963

waggy_zps6dd5da39.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.