David Beckham

He has been paid tens of millions of pounds to be an ambassador for the Qatar World Cup. Of course he's going to be positive about the event.
I wonder if he's related to the David Beckham who in 2010 said he was "disgusted" that Qatar would be hosting the tournament.

There’s a lot you can have a go at Beckham for, not sure him standing in a que and everyone around him realising it’s David Beckham is one you can have a go at him for, what’s he supposed to do? Wear a mask?
for the sake of scaring the kids, yes!

I think when people calm down from the fact it was in Qatar, there will be some very interesting takeaways.

There's an increasing number of reports coming back that the very low level of alcohol made it a much more family, and women friendly environment. That's generally a good thing for your flagship event that represents football to the world (and as opposed to very drunk people openly doing cocaine in the streets and sticking flares up their arses before violently attacking stewards at Wembley last summer)

They gave out hundreds of thousands of tickets for the equivalent of £5-10 which allowed people from a class of people who could never afford any other world cup to go.

Having all the stadiums so close was really good for the teams and fans.

The temporary stadium is potentially a game changing invention, allowing countries to host without building permanent white elephants at great public cost.

As for the time of year, it's an incredibly Euro-centric thing to complain about. At least 50% of the world has to abandon their season for every other world cup - North and South America, Australia & NZ, Africa and even Scandinavia and eastern Europe.

Why not flip it around once in a generation and open up hosting to a ton of countries that could never do it in the summer?

Obviously Beckham is still a ****, but I think there's been some interesting lessons from the world cup being in Qatar

This. 100x this.

I hate the whole attitude that there needs to be pissed up, drugged up, loud idiots in the streets for football to be enjoyable.

The mumbling Cockney media whore.

This twat would attend the opening of a door if it meant photos of him everywhere.

Great player in his time but I'm sick of seeing him tagging himself onto everything he can.

He's not a scouser is he? As we all know the tramps tag themselves onto everything......apart from smashing up coaches, pushing old folk into fountains, causing a crush at the final with forged tickets then denying ever even being there.

God the list is endless.

Anyway, yep, Beckham is a twat.

The mumbling Cockney media whore.

This twat would attend the opening of a door if it meant photos of him everywhere.

Great player in his time but I'm sick of seeing him tagging himself onto everything he can.

He's not a scouser is he? As we all know the tramps tag themselves onto everything......apart from smashing up coaches, pushing old folk into fountains, causing a crush at the final with forged tickets then denying ever even being there.

God the list is endless.

Anyway, yep, Beckham is a twat.
Wasn’t a great player, half decent, made to look better due to be playing with decent players……

I think when people calm down from the fact it was in Qatar, there will be some very interesting takeaways.

There's an increasing number of reports coming back that the very low level of alcohol made it a much more family, and women friendly environment. That's generally a good thing for your flagship event that represents football to the world (and as opposed to very drunk people openly doing cocaine in the streets and sticking flares up their arses before violently attacking stewards at Wembley last summer)

They gave out hundreds of thousands of tickets for the equivalent of £5-10 which allowed people from a class of people who could never afford any other world cup to go.

Having all the stadiums so close was really good for the teams and fans.

The temporary stadium is potentially a game changing invention, allowing countries to host without building permanent white elephants at great public cost.

As for the time of year, it's an incredibly Euro-centric thing to complain about. At least 50% of the world has to abandon their season for every other world cup - North and South America, Australia & NZ, Africa and even Scandinavia and eastern Europe.

Why not flip it around once in a generation and open up hosting to a ton of countries that could never do it in the summer

Obviously Beckham is still a ****, but I think there's been some interesting lessons from the world cup being in Qatar

@domalino then it's such a shame we are going to have the same old same old, in fact worse. Host cities wont even be in the same country, prices will be through the roof and the main sponsor is still a shite lager company.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.