David Bernstein CBE

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Always remember Keegan and co stabbing him in the back over the Fowler deal,well done David should of been a knighthood.

That whole episode could have been the end of us... the board backed the manager, and didn't side with the chairman, and as a result we went on with the uncontrolled expenditure under Keegan that nearly saw us bankrupt and relying on Stuart Pearce.

As an aside, do any of you remember the disgraceful way Taggart snubbed his handshake at the Champs League final after Barcelona had gubbed them....

bigf42 said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Always remember Keegan and co stabbing him in the back over the Fowler deal,well done David should of been a knighthood.

That whole episode could have been the end of us... the board backed the manager, and didn't side with the chairman, and as a result we went on with the uncontrolled expenditure under Keegan that nearly saw us bankrupt and relying on Stuart Pearce.

As an aside, do any of you remember the disgraceful way Taggart snubbed his handshake at the Champs League final after Barcelona had gubbed them....

Wardle was always going to want the top job eventually as it was his money that was being spent. The fowler thing was just the final straw but his days were numbered anyway.

Which was a shame as he was great for the club.

Congratulations on your CBE David; you fully deserve it.

And thank you for everything you did for City, while you were our chairman. I dread to think where we might be today had we not been able to escape from the old third division at that first attempt.

bigf42 said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:

LOL! Didn't know about Bacon at the final!

Vienna_70 said:
Congratulations on your CBE David; you fully deserve it.

And thank you for everything you did for City, while you were our chairman. I dread to think where we might be today had we not been able to escape from the old third division at that first attempt.

Spot on Vienna 70

As I remember it, following our 5-2 win at Stoke and relegaton to the 3rd division, that same night David appeared on National TV and apologised to the fans on behalf of the Club. I cannot recall any other Chairman of any other club doing this, either before or since. The man deserves a Knighthood at the very least. Not a piddling CBE.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.