David Bernstein for (Honorary) President

Totally agree, Bernstein deserves recognition and Honorary President would be just fitting!

On a side note, reading some of the negative comments re John Wardle on here, wasn't he just as important prior to the takeover? I'm sure I remember him paying wages and club bills when Taskin was arrested? (and thus keeping the Club alive). Obviously this was after he had sold the club, so he had no obligation whatsoever.

I am happy to be corrected BTW if I have got that wrong

Totally agree, Bernstein deserves recognition and Honorary President would be just fitting!

On a side note, reading some of the negative comments re John Wardle on here, wasn't he just as important prior to the takeover? I'm sure I remember him paying wages and club bills when Taskin was arrested? (and thus keeping the Club alive). Obviously this was after he had sold the club, so he had no obligation whatsoever.

I remember going to a fans forum event at the Etihad years ago when Wardle was chairman and before the Q&A he was stood at the bar with a pint having a chat with a group of 4 or 5 City fans. He was also asked what he thought about *that* banner at Old Trafford and he said words to the effect of "they can shove it where the sun don't shine..."

Top bloke and 100% one of us.

Yes I am sure thats what I recall, him and Makin pumped their money in.

Bernstein was just what we needed, a sound business man with a love for City as it was a complete shit fest when he took over. His work and relationship with Sir Joe Royle was vital to get us where we are today.

To put things into perspective and just to highlight how fucking spoilt our cross border Trafford neighbors are!

We are calling for an honor to be given to our Chairman who was in charge when we were relegated to our lowest ever point, because he felt it just as much as we all did!

They sing songs about wishing their most successful (trophy wise) owners dead, simply because there are no longer top dogs!

Imagine the protests they would have if they witnessed what we have?

We have literally seen it all!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.