David Bernstein Q&A for KOTK

The hand ball was the equaliser just before half time at in front of the Platt Lane. A long range Bernarbia deflected shot was the winner close to the end, then fans cheers and indirect free kick put straight in the net which the keeper didn't move for (Cooke?).
No, it was definitely north stand. I was stood(we never sat down) at the top directly behind it. Two very late goals. If I'm wrong then they were very good drugs I was taking at the time. :)

The hand ball was the equaliser just before half time at in front of the Platt Lane. A long range Bernarbia deflected shot was the winner close to the end, then fans cheers and indirect free kick put straight in the net which the keeper didn't move for (Cooke?).
I stand corrected. I've just watched footage and you're right. I was sure they were both down the North stand end in last minute. My mind was proper playing tricks on me. However, it definitely kicked off royal after the match. :)

We had a few dodgy signings that I had great hopes for that largely sunk like lead weights. The French lad who had blood clots on trips longer than an hour - Toure , Negouai with dodgy knees , Vouso who I don't believe actually existed, the italian aussie full back who sounded like the colliseum , the Danish lad Bishkoff and probably some I have forgot. Got exited every time we made a new signing but think that lot must have been at city for a combined 20 years and probably played less than 10 games in aggregate. Don't think any went on to do anything in the game at all so god knows what our scouting staff saw that no one else in the football world did.

Vuoso scored shitloads of goals back in Mexico and even played in the Copa Americá for the national team. Weird as fuck I think he was our 3rd most expensive signing ever yet he never saw the pitch for a minute. Surely couldn't have been any worse than Macken.

Our former chairman turned 80 four weeks ago and has kindly agreed to do a Q&A for King of the Kippax. Me and Dave are putting a few questions together for him but has anyone on here got anything they want to ask? I very much doubt he's going to slag anyone off but if anyone has any insightful questions then we'll include them if we can.
If he could reverse one decision he made what would it be and why ?

And for parity - what was the single best decision he made as chairman and why ?

Would love to hear his true thoughts on Ferguson putting out half a reserve team and rolling over for Jim Smith’s Derby at the shithole, a result that pretty much doomed us to relegation?
The two old crooks laughing and hugging at full time
DB later diplomatically said ‘it all looked very friendly’ when asked about it on 5 Live. Even the BBC knew it was a carve up
I wasn't aware of the impact on City. Was that the Wanchope goal match?

Vuoso scored shitloads of goals back in Mexico and even played in the Copa Americá for the national team. Weird as fuck I think he was our 3rd most expensive signing ever yet he never saw the pitch for a minute. Surely couldn't have been any worse than Macken.
It was a very strange one with Vuoso as he did actually appear on the scoresheet for the reserves. Just never appeared in first team. Did not follow his career in Mexico. Macken was a signing we did not need ( think he was a Blackley lad as worked with people who knew his family). Don’t think it worked well for either party.

It was a very strange one with Vuoso as he did actually appear on the scoresheet for the reserves. Just never appeared in first team. Did not follow his career in Mexico. Macken was a signing we did not need ( think he was a Blackley lad as worked with people who knew his family). Don’t think it worked well for either party.
Didn’t Macken score one worldie against us for Preston and get signed on the strength of that?

“He holds the ball up well” was the usual crap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.