David Luiz

The problem with toure is that he is pretty much going to only get worse because he was never a real defender per say as he has always relied on his pace to get him out of sticky situation a bit like gallas but he has never been good in the air which is one of the reason arsene wenger allowed him to go.

He doesn't read the game very well but his pace which is now pretty much gone always got him out of trouble as we saw last year against defoe and others,we need someone quick to play alongside kompany,i think onuoha and micah could be that if they were given a good run the squad but david luiz seems to be the one mancini sees as vincent partner at the back.

If the news of us making a bid of between 26 and 32m pounds then i think we should get him because no chairman is stupid enough to refuse such some for an unproven defender in a tougher league.

zinaldo1982 said:
The problem with toure is that he is pretty much going to only get worse because he was never a real defender per say as he has always relied on his pace to get him out of sticky situation a bit like gallas but he has never been good in the air which is one of the reason arsene wenger allowed him to go.

He doesn't read the game very well but his pace which is now pretty much gone always got him out of trouble as we saw last year against defoe and others,we need someone quick to play alongside kompany,i think onuoha and micah could be that if they were given a good run the squad but david luiz seems to be the one mancini sees as vincent partner at the back.

If the news of us making a bid of between 26 and 32m pounds then i think we should get him because no chairman is stupid enough to refuse such some for an unproven defender in a tougher league.

So you wouldn't want Lescott partnering Kompany at the back?

Thought Kolo showed some reasonable form towards the arse end of last season... And Spurs at home he seemed immense IMO

Can't comment on Luiz as I've never seen him play, however if Mancini thinks he could be the one, who am I to object, He hasn't disappointed so far with his transfer dealings and he seems the man to take this team forward.

Its sad anytime the other team scores a goal someone the this board claims a player is shite. Its a team sport where was the other centre half, fullbacks or midfielders?

Kolo isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Kolo is a great tackler one of the few on the team that actually wins the ball back. Just doesn't kick it away from the opposing team. Kolo's only flaw is he doesn't have the pace he once did.

Funny once a coach with some descent tactical ability came the defense started to look a lot better. Now that Mancini is here for the pre-season the team should be even stronger at the back.

US_Citizen said:
Its sad anytime the other team scores a goal someone the this board claims a player is shite. Its a team sport where was the other centre half, fullbacks or midfielders?

Kolo isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Kolo is a great tackler one of the few on the team that actually wins the ball back. Just doesn't kick it away from the opposing team. Kolo's only flaw is he doesn't have the pace he once did.

Funny once a coach with some descent tactical ability came the defense started to look a lot better. Now that Mancini is here for the pre-season the team should be even stronger at the back.
I totally agree we had no pace in front of back for or not much height making back four look suspect yaya toure will make all the difference.

Keith Moon said:
The story is that we have offered €32m and that Benfica wants to cash in - the problem is that Luiz does not qualify for a UK work permit so we need to arrange a work permit hearing.
Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me. What is it with Britain and work permits?

How long does it take to qualify for a work permit in Britain?

NewbBlue said:
Keith Moon said:
The story is that we have offered €32m and that Benfica wants to cash in - the problem is that Luiz does not qualify for a UK work permit so we need to arrange a work permit hearing.
Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me. What is it with Britain and work permits?

It depends which team in Manchester you play for mate? Yernited never seem to have these dramas - do they?!

NewbBlue said:
Keith Moon said:

I think it all depends on how pally you are with the no marks like dave bassett and david fucking pleat who decide whether the player gets the work permit or not

Some people said that Platt was on the board that rejected the Mariga work permit in January...

US_Citizen said:

This is so true, and I fully agree with you. Excellent post US Citizen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.