David Luiz

dont see any reason why we or chelsea wud be after him... hes a cb, cheslea dont need a cb or a lb and we need a lb so it would be pointless... wud rather see kolarov brought in or coentrao although hes a lm so i dunno

niall_mcfc said:
avoidconfusion said:
In fairness, not a lot of people would get into that squad, their defense is really really good as it is.

Michel Bastos? If Luiz is worth £25 million then he has to get in the squad ahead of a left winger who has been shoved at left back. Bastos is a very good player but thats when he plays on the wing not at left back. Hes not had a test so far in the world cup but hes going to be up against Robben today so we'll see how good Brazils 1st choice left back is.

Ive only seen Luiz a couple of times and he didnt impress me at all but that may be because he was playing at left back when hes a centre back by trade.

I think if we are looking at signing full backs then we have to go for world class players and not for unproven youngsters in poor leagues. Luiz is not proven yet, Kolarov is not as good as Bridge imo and Van Der Weil hasnt looked that good so far in the world cup plus hes playing in the dutch league which isnt great.

Im all for bringing young players in and turning them in to the next big thing but i think we need to go for the likes of Lahm and Clichy who are proven at the top level. Whether they will come is another question but im not that excited about the prospect of getting the likes of Luiz.

Would you have been excited by the prospect of a Vermaelen from the Dutch league or a Evra from the French league? After all, the Dutch league isn't great and could a small player like Evra cut it in the Premiership?

Aussie! said:
Can anyone name some class LB's?

How about Cissocko from Lyon (lots of top clubs were after him), Filipe Luis from Deportivo (Real Madrid and Barcelona have been after him), and Coentrao (Bayern Munich were keen on him before the World Cup started).

Somud said:
Aussie! said:
Can anyone name some class LB's?

How about Cissocko from Lyon (lots of top clubs were after him), Filipe Luis from Deportivo (Real Madrid and Barcelona have been after him), and Coentrao (Bayern Munich were keen on him before the World Cup started).
That's the guy I'd have. Big, strong, pacy and gets forward well

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6241931,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 31,00.html</a>

Andouble said:
we wouldn't be bringing in David Luiz to play LB.

No he would fight with Lescott for the LCB position with Kompany and Toure fighting for the RCB position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.