David Platt: Straw Poll

Is The David Platt Signing A Good Move For City

• Yes

Votes: 112 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 528 82.5%

• Total voters
There should be a vote for "lets wait and see".

The histrionics on here are laffable really, but my take is that he is there to work with the players (along with Kiddo, Lombardo, and all the Othero's) and he was a top class player and knows what it takes to be a top class player and what it is like to play away from your home country etc (and he is fluent in italian from all accounts).

I suspect that his comments where made as teh bandwagon was being jumped on and whilst Hughes was the manager, he clearly is respected by Bobby Manc, and at this point I trust his judgement.

We should be celebrating the times ahead and not constantly tittle tattling about things that in the grander scheme of things dont really add up to a hill of beans.

Oh and I haven't voted, which is technically an abstention.

Just wondering will he be sitting on the bench during matchdays? I could never stand the sight of him...and that rubber chicken thing he used to do with his hand when he scored....GAH!...and his face and his voice and his raggism and the SWP episode and and and and...GAH!

According to some the SWP issue is a myth as Platt arrived after SWP was let go.

Meanwhile back at the lynching...

Maybe he should have a fans forum and answer the fans questions or the club could recognise these doubts about him and quash the myths.

OR the club and him will simply do what they want and ignore the fans.

I reckon number two will happen.

shadygiz said:
Right guys, lets be having your votes

with all respect, I can't vote on this poll because there isn't a circle for me to fill that says either:-

- I am not in a position to properly understand or evaluate this yet

or

- I couldn't give a toss, and Manciti knows better than I do anyway

so if you'd like to add a neutral hole, I'll happily fill it for you

(and you know Shady you're like a god to many of us on here, ahah ah)

you could also add a fourth and more controversial circle to really kick things off:-

- I think some people are behaving like babies (and ManUre plastics)

but I doubt I'd be checking that one, although at the extreme end of the spectrum I find the hysteria quite ridiculous and infantile.

I'm sure all of the above have been roundly debated and laughed at already; I just can't be arsed.

if we could bring back Peter Schmeichel in his pomp (who let's face it, did more for the other side and contributed more to anything 'anti-City' than David Platt's collection of greatest thirty seconds ever will) then I'm pretty sure no one would hesitate in installing him back at City.

who the fuck cares or gives a shit what Platt did or didn't say - it's irrelevant and totally unimportant; but if he turns out to be a crappy coach, then by all means shaft him.

simple.

but he is already a proven crappy (your words) coach and why is it irrelevant what he has said about us or our owners in the past?

97 votes for 'yes'. Jesus!

Looks pathetic compared to the 400+ for 'no' though ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.