David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Silva's efforts in a deeper role that allowed them to be effective.

Last night should put to bed the nonsense that :

A) Silva is finished at the top level
B) Silva, KdB and Gundogan can't play in the same team.
+1

Silva, KDB, Gundogan, and for that matter Kun and Sterling were all hugely influential going forward. The trick was always going to be putting all of them into our lineup at the same time.

The world's best manager/tactician has solved that dilemma!

Very mature perfermance, keep going dave!

think he deserves a rest this weekend.

This weekend will be an interesting one for selections. I'm torn between hammering home this form and giving players well earned rest. Maffeo could well get his start and I think Garcia is a perfect sub for Silva in this deeper role but we definitely don't want to fall behind in the title race so we have to make sure we win first.

Playing Tuesday and getting an extra day rest is good, as is the fact we've got no midweek game next week.

Well I have read some idiotic comments on here about David Silva being finished. I think the issue has been he has played in a totally different role and the chemistry prior to last night hasn't been right between Silva, Gundogan and KDB.

But for an hour last night it was magical. Pep changed the game when he moved Silva out left and KDB in the hole.

For me Silva was motm last night. His work rate, quality and energy level was off the scale. At the start of the season I wondered whether he would fit into a Guardiola team and the work rate required. But what a performance last night by my favourite ever city player.

Maybe talk of his demise was a bit premature. Some of the things I've seen him called on this thread have been disgusting and disrespectful.

Page 60 - Back to his best.
Page 84 - Past it and needs to be sold whilst he has a value.

One month difference between pages.

Bluemoon....

I might keep this going, it could be fun.

Page 100 - Brilliant again.

Just over a week after being past it.

In all serious, maybe people shouldn't be so quick to predict the demise of a player. Especially a legend of the club like David Silva.

Buying him a beer on Saturday hopefully and going to tear a strip off him. That has to be the worst example of hide and seek against the world's best team you could ever see.
Blame has to be laid at Aguero though as his movement and energy and work rate made it difficult for David to perform to his usual high hide and seek standards.

On a more serious note the KDB DS Gundogan trio were just brilliant. It was a privilege to watch them last night. We are very lucky.

It was Silva's efforts in a deeper role that allowed them to be effective.

Last night should put to bed the nonsense that :

A) Silva is finished at the top level
B) Silva, KdB and Gundogan can't play in the same team.

At the end of the day it's all about fine margins. Another ref might have awarded an early City penalty or disallowed the 3rd goal. Similarly, we could easily have gone 2-0 down, just as we might have equalized in the Nou Camp.

Not sure that proved anything about Silva. He played a bit deeper, but also lost the ball a couple of times in silly situations.So did KDB, and for one horrible moment, I thought Fernandinho was going to be red carded.
The end result is all that matters, but winning the Premier League or the CL will really silence the doubters.

Buying him a beer on Saturday hopefully and going to tear a strip off him. That has to be the worst example of hide and seek against the world's best team you could ever see.
Blame has to be laid at Aguero though as his movement and energy and work rate made it difficult for David to perform to his usual high hide and seek standards.

On a more serious note the KDB DS Gundogan trio were just brilliant. It was a privilege to watch them last night. We are very lucky.
We'll be in La Bendera for 8. See you there.. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.