David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. He was unbelievable no doubt. But not a bit frustrated that the tenacity and work off the ball that he showed on Tues is the exception rather than the rule?

The whole one swallow don't make a summer...

When he can play at that level, the hiding accusations of the last 12 months have more validity.

Silva clearly has a role to play, but it can't be as the nailed-on starter he has been for the last six years.

The trajectory of De Bruyne and Gundogan can't be held back.

I would argue that until Pep switched Kev inside, the entire trio were passengers.

He did well last night but, in the end, Gundogan and KDB outshone him; which does not matter if all three are picked to start...[/QUOTE]

Obviously no right and wrong answers and everyone entitled to own opinion. Gundogan and KDB were quality in the second half and we are lucky to have them. But my own opinion was that David Silva was our best player. His work rate and desire for 90 minutes was as good as i have ever seen. Don't know how many tackles and headers he won but he was outstanding. Was also excellent on the ball too. We are very fortunate to have all 3 of them.

I heard he won more tackles than any other player on the pitch. Not bad for a shrinking violet who goes missing in the big games ;-)

The "big game myth" peddlers also seem to miss out the 6-1 for some strange reason? We went away to our closest title rivals and beat them 6-1. A 10 goal swing on goal difference. We ended up winning the league by 8 goals difference. David Silva got Man of the Match, scored one and had played a part in 4 of the other goals.

Perhaps "Big games" can't be played in October? Only in April or May. Maybe that's it?

Hmmm. He was unbelievable no doubt. But not a bit frustrated that the tenacity and work off the ball that he showed on Tues is the exception rather than the rule?
It's not been an exception, I've been talking about it all season. It's currently the most improved part of his game.

I heard he won more tackles than any other player on the pitch. Not bad for a shrinking violet who goes missing in the big games ;-)

Silva did not win more tackles than any other player on pitch (I think that was Busquets); KDB won more tackles and Gundogan as many as Silva.

Silva did make the most ball recoveries, one ahead of Gundogan and two more than KDB.

Silva did not win more tackles than any other player on pitch (I think that was Busquets); KDB won more tackles and Gundogan as many as Silva.

Silva did make the most ball recoveries, one ahead of Gundogan and two more than KDB.

I think we're forgetting something here.... The obvious being he's our supposed creative force.... Are we now saying he is in the team because of his tackling ability?...

Calling jack..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.