David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch him score at least two goals for Spain next two weeks...

For City he is really allergic to shoot.

Problem is we can say that Silva and Navas together wont score maybe more than 3 goals for City in the Premier League until end of season. Thats 25 games and most of the times one of them will surely play and a few games both of them will start too (like vs Boro). But they just dont deliver enough goals (hardly at all these days). Nolito, KDB, Sterling, Kun, Kelechi has to score like 90% of our goals.

Wonder if we could start with all 5 of them once in a while and how it would look. 3-2-3-2 formation imo. It could cost Silva the starting spot.
But we should try it against parked bus opponents imo at home and we gonna have some of those opponents about half of our remaining home games will be like that.

Wish he'd shoot sometimes.

Don't we all? That is the only downside to his game.

As for his place in the rankings of the modern-day City greats, his longevity has to count for something. Of the current squad, only Vinnie, Zaba and Yaya have been here longer, and as Yaya is currently persona non grata, whose legacy has been tarnished by his agent's twattishness, and VK has spent a lot of time out injured, combined with his brilliance, I would put David at No. 1 since the takeover.

All the skill in the world but he doesn't drag the team over the line when needed.

His allergy to shooting, let alone scoring, means he'll always be a luxury player rather than one to win us games when needed - not saying he's alone in the team with that.

I'm fine if people disagree, just my own opinion.
I'd agree with that. Not enough games where he is the match winner in the past two years sadly. I'd take Coutinho over him all day long.

I say he can't be taken seriously because of his relationship with Silva. That clouds his objectivity. As you say it's all about opinions But mine is that Tevez, Aguero & Toure have dragged us over the line in games we might have lost whereas I can only think of one off the top of my head (Hull away when we went down to 10 early on) where Silva has stepped up and taken on the sort of role he should be playing regularly. He's at his best when he's working his magic between the opposition midfield and back four and Boro weren't the right team for him to start against. In my opinion of course.

Well I can understand you thinking Bluwhit might not have an objective opinion, but plenty of blues have the same opinion without having a personal relationship with David. Therefore, in my opinion of course, his view still can be taken seriously. It's not an absurd view that he's got.

I think the point you make about other players is valid, they were all more capable of winning games on their own. If that's the criteria then Tevez is by far the best, he carried us at times.

But for me "best" doesn't mean winning games on your own. Silva isn't the type of player to win games on his own. He's the type to knit the team together so the team plays better and no one has to win it on his own, we can win as a team. The same way Xavi and Scholes did for their teams. Andy Cole and Eto'o might have won games on their own for those teams, but I know who will be remembered more as a club great.

See Edin Dzeko has today said David Silva is the best player he's ever played with. I wonder if his views can be taken seriously ;-)

Silva was amazing while Dzeko was here so it's not strange to hear that, it's the period after Edin moved when Silva's quality dropped significantly.

Silva was amazing while Dzeko was here so it's not strange to hear that, it's the period after Edin moved when Silva's quality dropped significantly.

Which is what is continuously ignored..... Is this the same Edin who was vilified by most? Surely that means his opinion isn't worth a bo didley??? I'm sure I heard Wayne Rooney talked of as the greatest striker the prem has ever seen by Darren fletcher a while back, must be true!!!

he aint the first ex city player to say this about silva either.

cant remember who it was but someone else said it recently.

Silva is the best player I've seen in a city shirt (bit too young for the player of the 60's and 70's - started watching in about 1980)......him and Yaya (in his prime)....we have been very lucky

I think Silva has plenty left in the tank cause he relies on intelligence and not physical prowess/pace/speed. His performances under Pep have shown an increasing side of silva that a lot of people didnt see previously and that is his tenacity and ability to win possession back .

His only flaw is his goal scoring but I can live with that because more than any other player he makes the team tick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.