David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this isn't a De Bruyne thread but... one game against Barca? You're on the windup, right? He's been integral in nearly everything that has gone right for us over the last twelve months. And you do know what 'so far' means? (It means he could go to number one or he could disappear entirely, just in case).

Some cold hard facts.

1. We've won nothing of relevance with Kev so far.
2. His impact hasn't been felt until recently thanks to his injuries and fitness.

Yes, he played fantastically well in a game against the rags, but they are not a bench mark these days.

The Barca game was sign of things to come no doubt and for me his is the best player in world football atm, but come on, anyone putting him in a top 5 right now is having a laugh.

Its called debate.

I had this yesterday with several posters telling me off with the "its his opinion" defence.

It was my opinion to tell them they where wrong, as its @Prestwich_Blue in this instance.

Hahaha! Way to go to completely miss the point!

@Prestwich_Blue is perfectly entitled to his opinion. He can think whoever he wants is the greatest City player of all time.

But to say @Bluwhit "can't be taken seriously" for suggest Silva is our greatest ever is just factually incorrect. He can be taken seriously because it's a considered view shared by tens of thousands of blues!

If he said someone "can't be taken seriously" for suggesting Michael Vonk is our best ever player, that's fine. That would be an absurd position likely held by that individual only.

But Silva being considered our best ever player is a view shared by tens of thousands, and by some legends of the club and football as a whole.

So disagree Silva is our best ever by all means, no problem, everyone is entitled to their view. But to suggest the view that Silva is our best ever "can't be taken seriously" isn't good for debate, it's just factually incorrect and either completely misinformed, or blatent wummery.

There's no right or wrong answer on who is the best (unless you say Kinkladze, as that is the wrong answer) it's subjective. You say Bluwhit "can't be taken seriously" for suggesting Silva is our greatest ever. You're wrong. The only thing that can't be taken seriously is your suggestion that Silva isn't in the conversation.
I say he can't be taken seriously because of his relationship with Silva. That clouds his objectivity. As you say it's all about opinions But mine is that Tevez, Aguero & Toure have dragged us over the line in games we might have lost whereas I can only think of one off the top of my head (Hull away when we went down to 10 early on) where Silva has stepped up and taken on the sort of role he should be playing regularly. He's at his best when he's working his magic between the opposition midfield and back four and Boro weren't the right team for him to start against. In my opinion of course.

Some cold hard facts.

1. We've won nothing of relevance with Kev so far.
2. His impact hasn't been felt until recently thanks to his injuries and fitness.

Yes, he played fantastically well in a game against the rags, but they are not a bench mark these days.

The Barca game was sign of things to come no doubt and for me his is the best player in world football atm, but come on, anyone putting him in a top 5 right now is having a laugh.

His goal against PSG has taken us as far as we've been in the Champions League, we wouldn't have won our single trophy last season without his performance against Everton, he's demolished United and Barcelona. He's had a throughly impressive first year with us and would moonwalk into any team in the league.

I get what you're saying, it's still relatively early days, but he's far outshone everyone else on that list whilst he's been with us.

Thought he was excellent yesterday. Is possibly past his best but certainly in the best 5 city players I have seen in my time. Has played through injury been hacked to death ft years by bigger midfielders and been loyal and caused no trouble and we have people on here saying he has no mental strength. As to who is best it is subjective. Yaya was immense as was tevez but for a shorter period but in terms of years of great service and play I can think of few up there with silva. As for the person saying kinkladze was better I despair.

I say he can't be taken seriously because of his relationship with Silva. That clouds his objectivity. As you say it's all about opinions But mine is that Tevez, Aguero & Toure have dragged us over the line in games we might have lost whereas I can only think of one off the top of my head (Hull away when we went down to 10 early on) where Silva has stepped up and taken on the sort of role he should be playing regularly. He's at his best when he's working his magic between the opposition midfield and back four and Boro weren't the right team for him to start against. In my opinion of course.

This is where we miss nasri. Think of his comeback game last year vs west brom. He was fat as fuck but creating havoc against tight defences in and around the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.