David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be able to play at the top level for another 5 years as he really doesn't rely on pace. Would love him to get another short term deal and then let him go home to his childhood team to retire. Legend.

A great asset for City, but I don't share the opinion that he can keep going for another 5 years. On the contrary, I think his gradual decline has already started,
Still capable of fleeting moments of brilliance, but for every clever reverse pass at West Ham, there's a nondescript performance at Leicester or Liverpool.

A great asset for City, but I don't share the opinion that he can keep going for another 5 years. On the contrary, I think his gradual decline has already started,
Still capable of fleeting moments of brilliance, but for every clever reverse pass at West Ham, there's a nondescript performance at Leicester or Liverpool.
But not quite as nondescript in those games as our current and future star Kevin De Bruyne. I'm not having a go at Kevin but everyone has off days. David has had a great season so far.
Some are saying David lost weight etc and that's the reason for his good start but the fact is he's pain free in ankle.

The one player I tell my son to watch and learn from. An absolute World Class player who has done it at both domestic and International level. When Silva is on form it is like flawless poetry in motion

Just rewatched the game and wow, when you see his plays without worrying about the result or in a sort of a 'heat of the moment' stuff, his brilliance really just grows on you. His movement, control of the ball in tight spaces and the eventual neat ball that opens space really is just something else.

Are you talking about the Liverpool game at Anfield a few weeks back? The one where he was the best player on the pitch in the 2nd half? Strange game to pick out for him being anonymous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.