David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The average ratings also suggest Zabaleta has been our best defender, which is quite simply wrong.

The results are based on average ratings for each game. They're not "wrong" they're just an average. There's going to be the odd surprising result.

The fact that Silva is so far out in front suggests he's absolutely our most consistent performer. We'd probably see similar results if Bluemoon did an average. It's just surprising for some to see Silva so far in front because he doesn't grab headlines, score spectacular goals or particularly stand out on MOTD.

The results are based on average ratings for each game. They're not "wrong" they're just an average. There's going to be the odd surprising result.

The fact that Silva is so far out in front suggests he's absolutely our most consistent performer. We'd probably see similar results if Bluemoon did an average. It's just surprising for some to see Silva so far in front because he doesn't grab headlines, score spectacular goals or particularly stand out on MOTD.

Average ratings made by any old bloke doesn't mean Silva has been our best performer. He's been consistently average with few standout games.

Average ratings made by any old bloke doesn't mean Silva has been our best performer. He's been consistently average with few standout games.

With respect, you're any old bloke. But I'm guessing you haven't been keeping a record of every performance. At least Stuart Brennan is a bloke who has.

That was the point of my initial post. Any old blokes like you assume Silva been average because he's not had many stand out moments. But when you go through and average out his performances over the season he has been our most consistent performer.

With respect, you're any old bloke. But I'm guessing you haven't been keeping a record of every performance. At least Stuart Brennan is a bloke who has.

That was the point of my initial post. Any old blokes like you assume Silva been average because he's not had many stand out moments. But when you go through and average out his performances over the season he has been our most consistent performer.

Maybe we're not watching the same Silva, I don't know. His aesthetic style of play has fooled loads, so even when he's playing poorly he still looks good. Probably why people like you and Stu Brennan think he's consistent.

Maybe we're not watching the same Silva, I don't know. His aesthetic style of play has fooled loads, so even when he's playing poorly he still looks good. Probably why people like you and Stu Brennan think he's consistent.

I'm watching the Silva that is regarded by many as the best player ever to play for the club. The one who runs games and dictates play.

You and Jack are watching the Silva who "doesn't shoooooot enough" and "only passes sideways".

It's the same Silva, it's just that some people watch but don't understand football very well :-)

I'm watching the Silva that is regarded by many as the best player ever to play for the club. The one who runs games and dictates play.

You and Jack are watching the Silva who "doesn't shoooooot enough" and "only passes sideways".

It's the same Silva, it's just that some people watch but don't understand football very well :-)

Think you'd find it's the other way round fella.

Its all about opinions, so who would you say is the greatest. I was fortunate to see Colin, Franny Buzzer etc, but for me, I think Merlin has been the best.

Can only say what I've seen so won't comment on the legends you mentioned. I think if we're talking about the greatest I'd say Yaya. He's up there ability wise but what sets him apart from the likes of Silva is his clutch/big moments factor. That's where David is still slightly slacking for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.