David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I get that mate, I've often wondered why he doesn't have a decent chant/song whilst some players do. It's sad really.
Shame he doesn't have a song, on the other hand when he gets substituted he gets some of the biggest ovations, I'm sure he appreciates that.

I'm sorry if this offends you but you come across as extremely precious.

Every single player on here is criticised and praised, It's the purpose of a forum to hold debate and no player is perfect, even Joey Barton.

Silva IS without doubt the most naturally gifted footballer i've ever seen as City but does he have his flaws? Yes. Can he impact a game like Tevez used to? No. Would I swap him for any other attacking midfielder in the world? Would I fuck! I think it's testament to how good he is that he goes under the radar, he gets on with his game and does it better than anyone. ,I think the issue outside of City is that people look at his stats (which are still phenomenal) and he tends to be the player that sets up the person making the assist, which is pretty hard to portray statistically.

And his name is sang as much as any one else at the ground...

I honestly don't know one City fan that doesn't rate Silva as one of our best ever players.
Not sure where you get extremely precious from? I've re read my post and I'm scratching my head.

No way is David's name sung anywhere near as much as KDB or Sergio or Kompany or Zaba for starters.

The rest of what you've said I agree with and is what I was saying ... every player has their faults but they have their main characteristics on which they should be mainly judged.

Have a nice day

We'll miss him when he's gone, he's an artist. Watching him play is a real pleasure, he manipulates space effortlessly and can coast past the opposition through pure skill and spatial awareness. Some skills you can teach, what David has simply can't be taught in my opinion. He can turn this way and that and despite his small stature and relative lack of pace by modern standards he easily beats players and has so much composure. He's a diamond. I'm hoping he still has plenty of time left simply because his game isn't reliant on pace or power. Yaya has adapted, better than any other midfielder I can think of actually. Gerrard was shite when he sat deeper, Lampard was able to still have an impact but not to the same degree as Yaya has in his new role. Silva can do the same, like Iniesta he can sew the midfield and attack together with neat interplay.

Not sure where you get extremely precious from? I've re read my post and I'm scratching my head.

No way is David's name sung anywhere near as much as KDB or Sergio or Kompany or Zaba for starters.

The rest of what you've said I agree with and is what I was saying ... every player has their faults but they have their main characteristics on which they should be mainly judged.

Have a nice day
Not that post, just generally reading through the thread.

I agree that he doesn't have a great song but the David Silva Ole song is sang a lot.

Anyway, when you see him, can you ask him if he's looking for a bit on the side then he's welcome at my gaff anytime!

He means from the City fans unfortunately.
I am amazed and slightly surprised that you say that David Silva feels unappreciated by the City fans. Since he’s been here he must have heard numerous times that he’s regarded by a lot of the fans as one of the best if not the best to ever wear the shirt. When he came back from injury last season the whole stadium stood and applauded him back when he was brought on in the second half. That was a great moment and that alone must have made him realise how appreciated he is and how we miss him when he doesn’t play.

He must get thousands of messages on social media from the fans – I know I’ve certainly sent some on twitter – saying how much they admire him. David Silva ole does get sung, but like all the songs at the Etihad it doesn’t last long!. I was at Burnley away before Xmas and he didn’t play but was warming up for ages near us and it was sung there (he didn’t acknowledge it by the way).

I absolutely love Silva, and will be devastated when he eventually leaves, and am disappointed to think he feels unappreciated!

Not that post, just generally reading through the thread.

I agree that he doesn't have a great song but the David Silva Ole song is sang a lot.

Anyway, when you see him, can you ask him if he's looking for a bit on the side then he's welcome at my gaff anytime!
I'd disagree with extremely precious and would rather look at it this..like a mate of a world class footballer defending his ability and application against one or two individuals on here who have polar opposite (& plain wrong) opinions to virtually every other City fan.

.. Yeah ok maybe a tad precious!

I will pass on your love to David. If I had a pound..... Lol.

The Olé song is great we just don't get it going at home often enough or in enough numbers... Whereas David does hear Sergio, Sergio. Away games are much better though. I should've mentioned that earlier. It's at home where he doesn't get his name heard often enough.

It kind of links in with what Pep thinks of our home support. It should be a cauldron. That's a whole new topic though and equally as contentious.

Cheers

We'll miss him when he's gone, he's an artist. Watching him play is a real pleasure, he manipulates space effortlessly and can coast past the opposition through pure skill and spatial awareness. Some skills you can teach, what David has simply can't be taught in my opinion. He can turn this way and that and despite his small stature and relative lack of pace by modern standards he easily beats players and has so much composure. He's a diamond. I'm hoping he still has plenty of time left simply because his game isn't reliant on pace or power. Yaya has adapted, better than any other midfielder I can think of actually. Gerrard was shite when he sat deeper, Lampard was able to still have an impact but not to the same degree as Yaya has in his new role. Silva can do the same, like Iniesta he can sew the midfield and attack together with neat interplay.
Nice post

I'd disagree with extremely precious and would rather look at it this..like a mate of a world class footballer defending his ability and application against one or two individuals on here who have polar opposite (& plain wrong) opinions to virtually every other City fan.

.. Yeah ok maybe a tad precious!

I will pass on your love to David. If I had a pound..... Lol.

The Olé song is great we just don't get it going at home often enough or in enough numbers... Whereas David does hear Sergio, Sergio. Away games are much better though. I should've mentioned that earlier. It's at home where he doesn't get his name heard often enough.

It kind of links in with what Pep thinks of our home support. It should be a cauldron. That's a whole new topic though and equally as contentious.

Cheers

Listen if i knew him i'd probably doing the same, he's obviously a great bloke and you hold him in very high regard which speaks volumes and is testament to his character.

Agree with everything regarding the home/away support. But he's very very appreciated here, City fans have a weird way of showing it but it's true, he took a massive gamble coming to us pretty much at the start. I was in the away end at Blackpool (and on the pitch) when he announced himself and straight away i thought what a player we have here...reckon he can play at the top for a while yet aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.