David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scandalous that he was dropped tonight, and when it was evident it wasn't working he should have come on sooner.
He wasn't dropped - with the games coming thick and fast it would be impossible to play him every game, same with Sterling. The work that these two do during matches means they need managing. We should have had enough to beat Stoke but for some reason we were back to slow, slow play - I think Yaya has to hold his hands up for our lack of midfield creativity last night but that's another discussion.

He wasn't dropped - with the games coming thick and fast it would be impossible to play him every game, same with Sterling. The work that these two do during matches means they need managing. We should have had enough to beat Stoke but for some reason we were back to slow, slow play - I think Yaya has to hold his hands up for our lack of midfield creativity last night but that's another discussion.
That's what I couldn't understand about our tactics last night, we seemed to be playing with 2 deep-lying midfielders when it was blindingly obvious after about 10 minutes what Stoke had come for. I can understand a couple of players being rested but we could have used an extra attacker instead of either Ferny or Yaya. I'd have brought Iheanacho on at the same time as Silva.

That's what I couldn't understand about our tactics last night, we seemed to be playing with 2 deep-lying midfielders when it was blindingly obvious after about 10 minutes what Stoke had come for. I can understand a couple of players being rested but we could have used an extra attacker instead of either Ferny or Yaya. I'd have brought Iheanacho on at the same time as Silva.

Allen did a good job on Yaya, stuck to him like glue, I thought Pep should've swapped Fern and Yaya, let the big man sit deep and pull the strings and give us more energy and running with Fern in the more advanced role but this is the Silva thread so I'll leave it there.

Apart from replacing the full backs, my biggest concern is how we replace Dave. We are often without ideas when he doesn't play. I haven't seen enough of Isco to know what he brings but I don't we have anyone at the club currently who can fill his boots when he's out of the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.