David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at David's resurgence then Isco could find himself in the same predicament as Madrid, I think that may be a stumbling block as he'll want some kind of guarantees... he's potentially outstanding but will he improve to that level without the consistent game time he craves...

Bernardo is bang on the type we should be looking at, attainable and would fit in seamlessly, he's also another level in terms of creativity..

Silva's resurgence has come from an increased aggression, working hard in defence, getting stuck in and really becoming a proper all-round CM.

Isco can definitely do that, could Bernado Silva? I don't quite see it, his lack of defensive effort/ability was one of the things that got us back into the game against Monaco.

I would suggest that Bernado Silva would be the perfect replacement for the David Silva of 2010-2015, but that Post-Pep Silva is much more comparable to Isco. The price difference would be stunningly big as well. Talking about £25-30m for Isco in the last year of his contract and £80m+ for Bernado Silva with just the 2 years age difference.

As for game time, I think the idea that Isco could hold the pivot role interesting against smaller teams, but even if he's only seen as a replacement for the KDB/Silva spots, we have a massive advantage in that Pep rotates, Zidane does not.

Silva's resurgence has come from an increased aggression, working hard in defence, getting stuck in and really becoming a proper all-round CM.

Isco can definitely do that, could Bernado Silva? I don't quite see it, his lack of defensive effort/ability was one of the things that got us back into the game against Monaco.

I would suggest that Bernado Silva would be the perfect replacement for the David Silva of 2010-2015, but that Post-Pep Silva is much more comparable to Isco. The price difference would be stunningly big as well. Talking about £25-30m for Isco in the last year of his contract and £80m+ for Bernado Silva with just the 2 years age difference.

As for game time, I think the idea that Isco could hold the pivot role interesting against smaller teams, but even if he's only seen as a replacement for the KDB/Silva spots, we have a massive advantage in that Pep rotates, Zidane does not.

Dom have you watched much of silva, other than the champs league game?? Interested to know where you've seen his position outside that competition...

He's 22 and playing at an extremely high level, consistently... he would also be more suited to a pivot role than isco, who's natural game is to drive.... for me, and its all about preferences, but Bernardo silva is the archetypical pep player, one who could be coached into a world star, Isco is very good but certainly not David silva class and not someone who I see as improving us greatly...

Dom have you watched much of silva, other than the champs league game?? Interested to know where you've seen his position outside that competition...

He's 22 and playing at an extremely high level, consistently... he would also be more suited to a pivot role than isco, who's natural game is to drive.... for me, and its all about preferences, but Bernardo silva is the archetypical pep player, one who could be coached into a world star, Isco is very good but certainly not David silva class and not someone who I see as improving us greatly...

BT have had a lot of Monaco's games on the late Friday or Sunday night time slot, so I've seen at least half a dozen of his games this season outside our Champions League game with them. He's a great player, but he's not more suited to the pivot role than either our Silva or Isco. Also I don't think you can say Isco's natural game is to drive and compare that with Silva to say his isn't?! He runs with the ball a hell of a lot, much more than David Silva, whereas Isco tends to be more like Iniesta or Xavi who would beat players with a dribble, but usually to open up space for a pass, not to run with the ball.

David Silva is a lot of things, but underrated has never been one of them.

He's pretty well rated, but I'd still argue underrated.

I'm pretty sure he's never won City fans' Player of the Year? Think he's won City Players Player a couple of times.

From memory I think he might have come third in the PFA Player of the Year in 2012, and has never featured in the FWA Player of the Year.

He's not been mentioned in any pundits team of the season this year.

Considering the level of his performance over the last 7 years, while he's well rated, I think people take him for granted because he's been consistently so good.

He certainly doesn't get the wider recognition or accolades that his performance deserves. But going off his recent interview, he seems more than happy with that. He'd rather be low profile, keep his head down and just play football.

He's pretty well rated, but I'd still argue underrated.

I'm pretty sure he's never won City fans' Player of the Year? Think he's won City Players Player a couple of times.

From memory I think he might have come third in the PFA Player of the Year in 2012, and has never featured in the FWA Player of the Year.

He's not been mentioned in any pundits team of the season this year.

Considering the level of his performance over the last 7 years, while he's well rated, I think people take him for granted because he's been consistently so good.

He certainly doesn't get the wider recognition or accolades that his performance deserves. But going off his recent interview, he seems more than happy with that. He'd rather be low profile, keep his head down and just play football.
That happens to consistent players in most sports. People can think you are great in general but not think you are the best for any particular period. Kobe Bryant had this problem for a while in the NBA. Everyone admitted he was the best player in the world, but couldn't find a season they thought he was playing the best basketball. And then finally they had to five him one and also gave him a second that probably wasn't as deserving but it would have been unconscionable to have the best player of a generation winning it once when other e players who weren't as good overall had multiple best player awards.

Keep reading the word "Resurgence" from clowns who has earlier dissed the magician.
In my eyes he has been consistently brilliant for us.
Using the word resurgence only compounds earlier misjudgements

Looking at David's resurgence then Isco could find himself in the same predicament as Madrid, I think that may be a stumbling block as he'll want some kind of guarantees... he's potentially outstanding but will he improve to that level without the consistent game time he craves...

Bernardo is bang on the type we should be looking at, attainable and would fit in seamlessly, he's also another level in terms of creativity..

Fair points, although I would hope that Isco could cover more positions than just the No 8 role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.