David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could've had 3 or 4 today, you're right. However he didn't refuse to shoot today, he only managed score 1 goal from shooting. You are also right though in saying that City have evolved. The guy that helps them evolve is David Silva.
And we sure haven't evolved to do without him as Wednesdays game clearly demonstrated. It was like a light had been switched on when he came on.

He could've had 3 or 4 today, you're right. However he didn't refuse to shoot today, he only managed score 1 goal from shooting. You are also right though in saying that City have evolved. The guy that helps them evolve is Pep Guardiola.

Fixed it for you mate. You misspelled Pep's name.

The evolution in Silva's game this season is huge. Even his teammates have been talking about the improvement in his work off the ball and how that is allowing him to flourish when he has the ball. I guess that's the same for almost all our attacking players though as the same could be said of Kun or KDB.

Certainly I think that the challenge for the transfer team this summer is to find the perfect pivot for KDB and Silva as the two of them together will be even better next season and with the right platform behind them could be a midfield to rival the likes of Barca and Bayern.

The evolution in Silva's game this season is huge. Even his teammates have been talking about the improvement in his work off the ball and how that is allowing him to flourish when he has the ball. I guess that's the same for almost all our attacking players though as the same could be said of Kun or KDB.

Certainly I think that the challenge for the transfer team this summer is to find the perfect pivot for KDB and Silva as the two of them together will be even better next season and with the right platform behind them could be a midfield to rival the likes of Barca and Bayern.

You got that right - on the evolution.

Silva is playing his part by responding positively to what Pep wants. I was concerned that he would be one of the guys who couldn't or wouldn't provide the intensity Pep craves. Mind you, I don't think we do achieve a high enough level of intensity to truly satisfy Pep but that is a criticism aimed across the board and may also be a factor of both the age of the squad and the particular demands of English football, to which Pep is also having to adapt.

What is great that players have taken up the challenge laid down by Pep and I genuinely believe you can see a progression in Dave's game, even at 31. You've also got sights like KDB tackling like a demon yesterday. I agree that we need to sign someone to fill that pivote role; simply because Yaya is battling old father time. I am insistent though that we should retain Yaya's services: he and Dave are the old guard and we do need to have replacements on board for both but, aside from the top drawer talent those two have, there is a chemistry between the pair that has six years of playing together fused into it.

Dave should, BTW, score more goals. It's not as if he doesn't have a finish in him and it bewilders me as to why he cannot demonstrate it more consistently.

Silva can play in this Pep team as long as he wants to. He is just so gifted and he is a Pep player. As for KDB he needs a bit more work in his game to be 1 of the best players in the World he has it in bags. But he can be hit and miss as we have seen in recent games. Playing a new position might be why. Central I just think he needs to do a bit more. Having him on the wing he was brilliant last season at times this year not as good as his first season for me.

Pep has the plan to evolve our play however he needs players to execute his plan. David is the most intelligent and technically gifted of our players to do this.

Not the worst player by any stretch tonight, but I can't help feel that's he's massively underperformed in the CL in his entire time here.

His first half was dreadful really. Have no idea the last time I saw him that bad. Much better in the second half but still far from his best.

He knows he was as shit tonight. He also knows 1st half the whole team was shit along with the tactics.
I've told him he was shit 1st half.
Can't get away playing him no.8 every game. He's a no.10. Always has been.

He's hurting like us

He knows he was as shit tonight. He also knows 1st half the whole team was shit along with the tactics.
I've told him he was shit 1st half.
Can't get away playing him no.8 every game. He's a no.10. Always has been.

He's hurting like us
I actually think he's better as a no.8. Especially in a Guardiola side.

I actually think he's better as a no.8. Especially in a Guardiola side.
He's been very good as a no.8 for 4 months.but his whole career he's been a no.10, a World Class one.
Tonight needed Yaya & Ferna drop KDB or Sterling or DS. Keep the ball! Obviously I would not bench DS. KDB & Sterling have lower pass completion stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.