David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hurts my brain that one or two on here don't rate him. Iniesta and Xavi weren't goal scorers and neither is Silva.

It's no use wishing he was.....every other aspect of his game is from another Universe, just like his Spanish compatriots above.

The lad is phenomenal!

david-silva-007.jpg

Should have 4 today, refuses to shoot unless forced or use his right foot. City have evolved..

He is fucking brilliant but he is also equally as frustrating when he chooses to shoot or at times misses when it looks almost impossible to do so.

Should have had a hat trick today at least.

Should have 4 today, refuses to shoot unless forced or use his right foot. City have evolved..
But haven't evolved to the point of doing without Silva, as our performances in his absence recently have shown. I don't need any great insight to think that for any important game he's the first name on Pep's teamsheet. His overall contribution far outweighs a few missed chances.

I agree that Nico had a good game, but he wasn't as good as Merlin, IMHO.
I'm think he was on point about everything defensively. Made as many defensive plays as Merlin made offensive ones. As well as Silva ran the show, he had a few key passes that didnt get to, and failed to bury 1 or 2 clear chances.

Matched, against a defensive player who was close to flawless, I'm more inclined to lean towards the defensive player.

It's going to be an unimaginably sad day when this little genius hangs up his boots for the last time. I imagine he'll return to Gran Canaria in a quiet and unassuming way, in the same manner as he has played out his magnificent career with City.

Fortunately that is some time away. In the meantime, as someone once said, drink it in because we won't see his like again for a long, long time, if ever.

A great, great player and deserves a place in the pantheon of City greats. Colin is the King, but this little maestro deserves to sit on the throne beside him.

Haha! What does that even mean? Are you trying to sound profound or ahead of the curve? Or are you just being the usual miserable Corky that we all know and love?

He could've had 3 or 4 today, you're right. However he didn't refuse to shoot today, he only managed score 1 goal from shooting. You are also right though in saying that City have evolved. The guy that helps them evolve is David Silva.

Great again yesterday as always.
One thing about his goal scoring record though.He does tend to snatch a bit when in front of goal. For me if he "passed" the ball into the net he would get 20+ goals a season without a doubt.
The rest of his game is legendary.

His refusal to use his right foot for even the simplest of chances, added to the nerves when it's on his left,is costing us us lots of goals, and this was highlighted in yesterday's game. It's so frustrating, he should be well into double figures this season based on the number of chances he has had. Add to this the number of times he refuses to shoot. A number of times yesterday , in the box, he had loads of room to his right but either cut inside , into bodies, or tried to pass inside because if he had gone to the line he would have had to cross with his right foot, which he won't do.

He is an incredible player and great to watch (apart from in front of goal!). He is possibly the best player in the league, but If his right side was anything like his left he would be the best in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.