David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best player I've ever seen for us and I don't see that changing for a long, long time. To add to that, he's been nothing but quietly professional the entire time he's been here.

Bluwhit has me slightly concerned now and I hope we manage to win the Champions League with him before he leaves us.

Of all City players, the one most admired by Colin Bell. That says it all.
He can score. He proved that amply when, if you remember, Sergio and all our other recognised strikers were injured, a couple of seasons back, when we were runners-up to Chelsea. He scored a number of goals because he knew he had to step up and do it. The fact is that when Sergio or another recognised striker is on the pitch, he always looks for them, even when he himself is in a better scoring position. Saw this three times against the Hammers the other day. I was screaming for him to hit it, he had clear daylight between himself and the goal. Instead, he passed it to someone in a less obvious position. That's because he always, always works for the team. The greatest player we've had, with Bell. He bosses games, and it is unfathomable that he has not won Player of the Year award.

He's back to his best. He was amazing in the first half last week!

Will never be rated as highly as Scotty Parker.
Spanish Dave is a fine player but I think trying to put him up with the Messis and Parkers of this world is going a bit far. I think there is no chance that Silva will be the PFW player of the Year in a relegated team which shows just how damn good Parker was.

His critics say he only plays 6 yard passes ... but it is always the right 6 yard pass to the right player at exactly the right time.

I hope it's not for a good few years yet, but when the time comes for him to leave, I hope the East Stand is re-named the David Silva stand.

Quite simply our best player in our best ever team. He was there for the first trophy of the modern era, the first league title, and hopefully has a few more medals to his name by the time he leaves.

He is the player I will be telling my grandkids about, not only because of his talent, but because of his humility and professionism. So many similarities to King Colin in that way, it would be a fitting tribute.

There must be a lot of red faces from last season who wrote him off way too early. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

I hope it's not for a good few years yet, but when the time comes for him to leave, I hope the East Stand is re-named the David Silva stand.

Quite simply our best player in our best ever team. He was there for the first trophy of the modern era, the first league title, and hopefully has a few more medals to his name by the time he leaves.

He is the player I will be telling my grandkids about, not only because of his talent, but because of his humility and professionism. So many similarities to King Colin in that way, it would be a fitting tribute.

There must be a lot of red faces from last season who wrote him off way too early. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Agree with most of this. It is a complete privilege watching him play.

There is a reason he is called Merlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.