David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people have opinions that differ. You being so attached to this player find
it hard to except that he may have weakness and finishing is one.
His desire to shoot is actually more of a weakness than his actual finishing. The previous poster I believe was making the point that you could criticise a striker for not scoring more not the conductor of the team. David should or could be criticised for not creating chances but he does.
I was merely making the point that isn't it surprisingly ironic how many goals he's scored for Spain?

Some people have opinions that differ. You being so attached to this player find
it hard to except that he may have weakness and finishing is one.
It may well be a fair accusation and we'd all love him to score more goals. For you to comment in the way you have after he has in fact scored a couple and been so good since the start of the season is petty. Not a hint of positivity just a dig at his lack of goal scoring.

His desire to shoot is actually more of a weakness than his actual finishing. The previous poster I believe was making the point that you could criticise a striker for not scoring more not the conductor of the team. David should or could be criticised for not creating chances but he does.
I was merely making the point that isn't it surprisingly ironic how many goals he's scored for Spain?
My point is not that I expect more goals from him, but how often he's been in a position to shoot and have clear sight of goal but seems to stall and pass rather than shoot or when he does shoot seems to become hesitant and shot is blocked. He's world class but like all players they all have some things they could be better at.

It may well be a fair accusation and we'd all love him to score more goals. For you to comment in the way you have after he has in fact scored a couple and been so good since the start of the season is petty. Not a hint of positivity just a dig at his lack of goal scoring.
You are not above criticism either ;-)

My point is not that I expect more goals from him, but how often he's been in a position to shoot and have clear sight of goal but seems to stall and pass rather than shoot or when he does shoot seems to become hesitant and shot is blocked. He's world class but like all players they all have some things they could be better at.
Enjoy him for what he is. He's the best you've seen in a City shirt at doing it. He'll be gone before long.

I'd implore all City fans to do the same.

Goodnight

You can't just make a statement like that and bugger off. Could you elaborate on this please Bluwhit?
I took it as he's coming to the end of his time with us. I'd love to see him here for another 3+ seasons but have a feeling we'll get this one and maybe next year if we're lucky. Will break my little heart :-(

He'll be gone before you know it... time flies and all that. Don't panic.

took it as he's coming to the end of his time with us. I'd love to see him here for another 3+ seasons but have a feeling we'll get this one and maybe next year if we're lucky. Will break my little heart :-(

Had me worried for the minute. I think he's been superb so far this season. Hope he keeps it up and hope he retires here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.