David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched it on a less than perfect stream, but could see that Merlin gave another classy performance, topped off with two more goals.

Fortunately Merlin - and Nolito - seems to have come through unscathed this time.
I might of missed it but not once did I hear anything related to city during the interplay between these two

It's only an infringement if the blocking player is offside, otherwise it's known as a dummy, a perfectly legal move :)
I know with outfield players that's the case but with keepers I wasn't sure because the rules are a little different for them like on corners. I thought it should have stood myself but they are always adding bits to the rules needlessly IMO.

Watched it on a less than perfect stream, but could see that Merlin gave another classy performance, topped off with two more goals.

Fortunately Merlin - and Nolito - seems to have come through unscathed this time.
A little scare with Nolito after catching a stray boot to his right knee, and Silva got several fair kicks to his ankles, but they seemed to be ok.

I might of missed it but not once did I hear anything related to city during the interplay between these two
There was no mention. Until the end they barely even said anything about how individually Silva was running the show and Nolito had completely changed the complexion of attacks after coming on.

I know with outfield players that's the case but with keepers I wasn't sure because the rules are a little different for them like on corners. I thought it should have stood myself but they are always adding bits to the rules needlessly IMO.
As long as they're onside they're fine, otherwise you wouldn't be allowed to stand in the wall during an attacking free kick.

I suppose I should let it go as the goal didn't exactly decide the match... But it is not being shown in any of the highlights because of that decision and it was Messi-esque... It epitomises everything David can do.
Fabulous goal,then my immediate thought was right get him off,before one of their pissed off players goes through him,but it didn't matter as they couldn't get anywhere near him..

What a performance by spain. Silva looks back to his best. The likes of Koke and Vitolo do his running for him for spain now which allows him to focus more on his creative play. Busquets-Koke-Thiago is some midfield. Iniesta wasn't even playing either. Silva suffered more than anyone that fabregas was a lazy ass and didn't defend in the euros. Spain look a better team without fabgregas

Just a reminder that Jordan Henderson gets in the England team. And people wonder why england are terrible. Henderson probably has less technical ability than the spanish u 12 team

What a performance by spain. Silva looks back to his best. The likes of Koke and Vitolo do his running for him for spain now which allows him to focus more on his creative play. Busquets-Koke-Thiago is some midfield. Iniesta wasn't even playing either. Silva suffered more than anyone that fabregas was a lazy ass and didn't defend in the euros. Spain look a better team without fabgregas
Don't forget Nolito's composure and vision when facing 11 bodies in front of goal.

And the buildup play between David and Manuel was exquisite.

Looking forward to the derby.

Looks back to his very best, who would of though that it helps he's playing in positions where he is most effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.