David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched it on a less than perfect stream, but could see that Merlin gave another classy performance, topped off with two more goals.

Fortunately Merlin - and Nolito - seems to have come through unscathed this time.

I think the commentators made the point that the player in front un-sighted keeper standing directly in-front of his view but if he was onside is it still an infringement?

Still an awesome goal.

He's a legend. Arguably the best ever city player

Always gets a great reception off the spaniards whenever we play a Spanish team. Says a lot about him as a player and a person

Agreed,think he was level so should have stood,the officials I think where Welsh so says it all really about the standard overall and not just England ..
I suppose I should let it go as the goal didn't exactly decide the match... But it is not being shown in any of the highlights because of that decision and it was Messi-esque... It epitomises everything David can do.

I think the commentators made the point that the player in front un-sighted keeper but if he was onside does that matter or is it still an infringement?
It's only an infringement if the blocking player is offside, otherwise it's known as a dummy, a perfectly legal move :)

I think the commentators made the point that the player in front un-sighted keeper but if he was onside is it still an infringement?
No—how could it be? You'd have to disallow nearly every goal scored from a corner. It was just a bad offside call, which David definitely took offence to. His death stare after is beautiful finish for the second explains his thoughts of the previous decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.