David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Rags have always feared Silva. They are fully aware of what he can do to them.

United players are. Not so sure about some of their plastic fans. For instance, the 500 in Africa who apparently are disgusted at how we treated Yaya ...

Yeah - definitely. At the end of last season I was convinced that he'd be used sparingly and behind KDB this season. As it turns out Silva's rolling back the years and looking the player he was a few seasons ago. If he can maintain fitness/consistency it'll be like a brand new world class signing for me. TBH he already feels like that.
This.

As surprised as I was to see what that rag Scholes wrote, I'm more impressed by this - from Andres Iniesta:

“City have signed well and have a very competitive squad. I know Nolito well because he was a team-mate here at Barcelona and with Spain. He’s had a great start and hopefully can continue. I’ve admired David Silva for years: I think he’s exceptional. Players learn day to day, from experience, team-mates and managers. I learnt a lot with Pep; he helped me to improve and he’ll do the same at City.”
(Sid Lowe's article in The Guardian about Iniesta's new book).

I know Silva is an Iniesta fan boy (and friend). Still, it's got to feel so good to hear this from 1 of the best ever.
With Pep at the helm, I have faith we'll see Silva have a remarkable season.

Just great to see Merlin with his mojo back. When at his best he is unstoppable. He will rip the salfordites a new one, picking gaps in their back four on Saturday.

I can't say I'm a fan of Scholes's diary of misery columns he gets paid to write these days. However interesting to note that in his latest one he thinks there are only three truly world class players in the PL - Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero.

He's clearly a moaning tit, but red tosser or not he was a great player & knows a thing or two about playing football.

Think the number might go up to four when Jesus gets here too...
Clueless ginger dwarf obviously hasn't seen Silky Ilkay play.

I have long said I thought he could play at the highest level until he was at least 35 because he doesn't rely on pace at all. It'd be nice if he were younger, but I don't think it's necessary.

What's David's contract situation? I can't believe people were criticising him last season when he played through injury. He is an absolute pleasure to watch and I think my favourite ever player.

What's David's contract situation? I can't believe people were criticising him last season when he played through injury. He is an absolute pleasure to watch and I think my favourite ever player.
Contracted until Summer of 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.