David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the players' player isn't he. When you have Gary Neville saying "I just love watching David Silva", you can appreciate how good he is.

What a football player.

People thought he was too lightweight to play centre midfield, he was crunching in to tackles like Graheme Souness yesterday.

I don't think Merlin gets enough credit for his competetivness. He always gets credit for his technique and vision, rightly so, but the guy is a fierce competitor and has an insatiable desire to win.

For me the bravest thing you can do on a football pitch is demand the ball when your team is under pressure. That's exactly what Silva did yesterday in the second half.

They came out 2nd half all guns blazing and put us under a lot of pressure. Dave was not fazed at all, still always made himself available and demanded the ball to take the pressure off his team mates. That's true bravery and why he makes an excellent captain - leading by example.

DeBruyne was out of this world and just edged MOTM because of the goals, but any other day Silva or Fernandinho would have won it as well.

Gonna be interesting to see how pep sets us up when gundogan is back because at the moment it's hard to drop anyone because they've been on form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.