David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will come a point where the final pass/shot becomes 2nd nature like the build up. At that point we'll be pretty hard to stop.

Oh I agree totally. I just thought the way in which we played yesterday was breathtaking and to their credit Everton were superb.

I thought yesterday was David's best performance of the season, he provided us with so much control, obviously a frustration we didn't win but I still believe Pep sees this season as one of transition.

Of course it'd be nice if he could add to his goal tally. Yesterday though I thought there was only one occasion when he had a clear enough sight to hit it and chose to pass. As it happened I think Fernandinho found himself in couple of more situations than Silva where the ball was begging to be hit in and around the 20/25 yard range. Kelechi was also guilty on occasion in the 18 yard box.. It really was one of those days where we chose the wrong option at the wrong time for one reason or another. Kdb was wasteful with a couple of cross shots, Sane and Sterling as well. Overall though all those players mentioned had very good games.

Just watched a recording of the game. He was brilliant and very much back to his best. Loved the comment by Carragher that he he and Kev were 'probably the best two players in the Premier League'.

Oh I agree totally. I just thought the way in which we played yesterday was breathtaking and to their credit Everton were superb.

I thought yesterday was David's best performance of the season, he provided us with so much control, obviously a frustration we didn't win but I still believe Pep sees this season as one of transition.

You can see that Pep's trying to solve problems both in terms of the opposition and also in terms of how to get the best out of his players and get his best players on the pitch at same time. Not sure i'd agree that it was Silva's best game of the season, there have been other games where he's had that kind of passing, control, and overall run.

Be interesting to see what the team and shape is against Barca because if I'm honest I'd like to see the same as yesterday with the only changes being Nolito in for Sane and Kun in for Kelechi.

You can see that Pep's trying to solve problems both in terms of the opposition and also in terms of how to get the best out of his players and get his best players on the pitch at same time. Not sure i'd agree that it was Silva's best game of the season, there have been other games where he's had that kind of passing, control, and overall run.

Be interesting to see what the team and shape is against Barca because if I'm honest I'd like to see the same as yesterday with the only changes being Nolito in for Sane and Kun in for Kelechi.

Agree about Aguero, but I think that we may need Sane for his pace, it wouldn't shock me to see Vinny start using a conventional back three.

Something like this:

Bravo
Otamendi Stones Kompany
Sane Gundogan Dinho Silva Sterling
KDB
Aguero.

It's a huge risk considering Barcelona's quality, but we'd have a lot of numbers in midfield.

Have to say though I'm fascinated with how Pep is going to set us up.

Agree about Aguero, but I think that we may need Sane for his pace, it wouldn't shock me to see Vinny start using a conventional back three.

Something like this:

Bravo
Otamendi Stones Kompany
Sane Gundogan Dinho Silva Sterling
KDB
Aguero.

It's a huge risk considering Barcelona's quality, but we'd have a lot of numbers in midfield.

Have to say though I'm fascinated with how Pep is going to set us up.

Would love to see this team .... wtf if we lose - just go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.