David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repeating what we have been saying for years, but such a special special player to watch. Should give him pens too now me thinks.

Had to bump this. Last post was 3/10.
Just love watching this guy - if we had signed him last week and he played as he did today people would've wetting themselves and he'd have lots of comments.

Thanks for being at City Dave - you are a brilliant and magnificent footballer

Great post, completely agree.

Didn't have his best first half but in the second half he was sensational, completely ran the game.

De Bruyne had a poor 3 games followed by 3 sensational 10/10 games and people assume he's been brilliant all season because he's a fairly new player and the new favourite.

By contrast Silva has been 8/9 out of 10 in pretty much every game but he doesn't get the same credit because he's been here for years.

He's an absolute joy to watch, and was deservedly man of the match yesterday. Great to see him back to his best.

He's an absolute joy to watch, and was deservedly man of the match yesterday. Great to see him back to his best.

He is a joy to watch Ric and yesterday was another great showing. My only gripe with him (and others tbh), is that they get in great positions in the box and look to pass rather than pull the trigger. Yesterday and there was one particular occasion when Dave got into the box, on his left foot and a clear sight of goal, only for him to pass it. He has a tremendous left foot, I just wish he would use it more often in the box.

Thought he was majestic at times and theory slight is he didn't shoot in some good opportunities.

Was helped hugely by the system. Having Gundo and Fernandinho behind him and Sane/Sterling/KDB/Nacho all in front of him afforded him unbelievable space at times. The cross for the goal was sublime. But also so many times he got into dangerous or threatening positions and then looked for another pass. If only he had the killer instinct of De Bruyne in and around the box!

Was helped hugely by the system. Having Gundo and Fernandinho behind him and Sane/Sterling/KDB/Nacho all in front of him afforded him unbelievable space at times. The cross for the goal was sublime. But also so many times he got into dangerous or threatening positions and then looked for another pass. If only he had the killer instinct of De Bruyne in and around the box!

Tbh mate, as strange as this sounds I'm not that bothered by the result yesterday. The media want to depict us as some club in crisis, if we play like that as the standard for the rest of the season then we'll have this league wrapped up by March.

Tbh mate, as strange as this sounds I'm not that bothered by the result yesterday. The media want to depict us as some club in crisis, if we play like that as the standard for the rest of the season then we'll have this league wrapped up by March.

There will come a point where the final pass/shot becomes 2nd nature like the build up. At that point we'll be pretty hard to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.