David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva is a legend but he's 30 now and he can't play every single game or he will break down. He needs to be rotated. I believe if Pep manages him well, he can put out outstanding performances in every game he plays. Stop complaining about his finishing... If Silva can finish he'd be Messi. But if we start all 3 of Silva, Gundogan, and KDB, Silva must be on the left definitely and KDB in the center.
agree, Silva feels that left wing role a lot better than KDB, credit to him. he can be as influential coming from the left as playing centrally, KDB cannot.

Silva was fantastic v Barca & can certainly play this new kind of role Pep has for him, provided he gets enough time to recharge.

So far, Pep has done that pretty well with all of the players & is even willing to sacrifice a game if neccessary, for the good of the season.
Agreed. Injury free Merlin a genius with a ball. Unfortunately he seems to be becoming the most unrespected of the front line as the others have usually more finishing flair than him. He gels the whole game together and when he's missing, it shows

Agreed. Injury free Merlin a genius with a ball. Unfortunately he seems to be becoming the most unrespected of the front line as the others have usually more finishing flair than him. He gels the whole game together and when he's missing, it shows

I have been critical of him when his performances deserve it & I don't think any of our best players deserve a free ride or a guaranteed place in the team, but he's working hard & is doing the job he has been asked to do, with his customary excellence. When he's not fit, he's not very good.

It's important he's kept fit enough to do it consistently imo, which was not the case under the previous manager, who flogged players to death.

I have been critical of him when his performances deserve it & I don't think any of our best players deserve a free ride or a guaranteed place in the team, but he's working hard & is doing the job he has been asked to do, with his customary excellence. When he's not fit, he's not very good.

It's important he's kept fit enough to do it consistently imo, which was not the case under the previous manager, who flogged players to death.
I don't disagree but the guy played through severe ankle problems mostly with constantly being kicked and cut. These injuries are bloody sure and you're always fearful that it's going to happen multiple times every time you play. He's a pleasure and treasure to watch play and I think his previous dips in form were due to pain/injury. He's been fantastic this season so far but will always misplace the odd pass due to his vision and the passes he tries

I don't disagree but the guy played through severe ankle problems mostly with constantly being kicked and cut. These injuries are bloody sure and you're always fearful that it's going to happen multiple times every time you play. He's a pleasure and treasure to watch play and I think his previous dips in form were due to pain/injury. He's been fantastic this season so far but will always misplace the odd pass due to his vision and the passes he tries

I thought at the time that it was likely Silva was playing injured & not just Silva.

I have no respect for the Pelle whatsoever.

According to an article I read from Spain last year he was continuously playing with ankles heavily strapped to try and protect them. From memory I believe it said that both ankles were not healing from the multiple cuts as they were being reopened almost every game and this was on top of bone/joint problems. I agree he was played too much but selfishly I hated it when he wasn't, still do. Can't win lol

He has been immense this season, the best City player I've ever seen.

I'm happy for him after injury hurt him so badly last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.