David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Magician is in full swing - and is now joined by KDB and Gundugan.

We are going to rip opponent's apart and will only get better once the Winter window arrives.

I wouldn't bother showing it to him, mate.

The people still criticising him on here fall in to three broad categories:

1. Those that really know nothing about football and think Kinkladze was a better player and that Silva "doesn't score enough goals" or "only passes sideways" and "his stats aren't as good as X, Y and Z". They don't know enough about the game to appreciate what a truly exceptional player Dave is.

2. Those that mistook his drop in form due to injury last season as a terminal decline and their ego is too big to admit they got it completely wrong.

3. Those that just say controversial or contrary things on the internet because they are desperate for attention.

These kinds of cranks aren't the type of people David should be reading and taking seriously or to heart.

They wouldn't say these things in real life, it's just the anonymity of the internet that gives people the confidence to take these absurd positions.

In real life David is pretty much universally adored by genuine blues and is thought by many to be one of, if not the greatest player ever to play for the club.

He's certainly the best I've ever seen play for City and I'd happily say that to him in person, but the loonies in pots 1, 2 and 3 would never express their views from here to him face to face.

Perfectly put

I heard he won more tackles than any other player on the pitch. Not bad for a shrinking violet who goes missing in the big games ;-)

The "big game myth" peddlers also seem to miss out the 6-1 for some strange reason? We went away to our closest title rivals and beat them 6-1. A 10 goal swing on goal difference. We ended up winning the league by 8 goals difference. David Silva got Man of the Match, scored one and had played a part in 4 of the other goals.

Perhaps "Big games" can't be played in October? Only in April or May. Maybe that's it?

I'm sorry but the 6-1 was four years ago.

Whilst still not at his best going forwards, he was unlucky not to bag today but for a great save and defensively, i thought he was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.