David Silva - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The above is a statement of support. Which I'm sure is nice, but I was making a statement of fact.

Sure, as a collective, all our players played well. As they won a tough game on the road.

But that does not mean they were all individually excellent. Nor do they need to be. That David wasn't excellent isn't a slight. Just a statement of fact. Below are a few areas compared to his career average. I mean if a player's in key stats in a particular game are lower than his career average, I think it's fair to say he wasn't excellent in that game.
Pass Completion: Career 88%, Burnley 83%
Key Passes : Career Average 2.5 Burnley 0
Dribbles; Career average 1.2, Burnley 0

This does not even factor in his missed chance and missed runs. Sometimes, a factual claim is just that. Factual. Nothing for or against the player.

It depends who you play and how well the opposition performs. You would expect Silva to complete more passes against a certain team than others. And I would point to Messi last night as evidence of someone who had a poor game statistically. Lots of cut out passes so completion would be right down against career average. But he was playing a different game. Dropping deep and trying the killer ball. Against Burnley Silva kept composed and saw us through. Bernardo was even better but he had a good game. I think considering what was at stake you would expect him to be under his career averages and Burnley defended incredibly well.

ESPN gossip piece.
11.43 BST: David Silva is interested in a move to J-League side Vissel Kobe but Manchester City are hopeful he will stay at the club next season, sources have told ESPN FC.
Silva has a deal at City until 2020 but Vissel Kobe want to pair him with Andres Iniesta, who moved to the club in 2018.
The midfielder moved to Manchester from Valencia in 2010 and has gone on to become one of City's greatest ever players, with the club eager to keep him for the 2019-20 campaign.
J-League Kobe, who also have Silva's ex-Valencia teammate David Villa on their books, want the Manchester City star to galvanise their squad, who are languishing 12th in the table.
Sources have told ESPN that Silva has yet to make a definitive decision on his future, but Manchester City believe the 34-year-old still has a part to play next term.

David Silva is not 34.

ESPN gossip piece.
11.43 BST: David Silva is interested in a move to J-League side Vissel Kobe but Manchester City are hopeful he will stay at the club next season, sources have told ESPN FC.
Silva has a deal at City until 2020 but Vissel Kobe want to pair him with Andres Iniesta, who moved to the club in 2018.
The midfielder moved to Manchester from Valencia in 2010 and has gone on to become one of City's greatest ever players, with the club eager to keep him for the 2019-20 campaign.
J-League Kobe, who also have Silva's ex-Valencia teammate David Villa on their books, want the Manchester City star to galvanise their squad, who are languishing 12th in the table.
Sources have told ESPN that Silva has yet to make a definitive decision on his future, but Manchester City believe the 34-year-old still has a part to play next term.

David Silva is not 34.
Typical they want him not that he wants them,i'm surprised any blue that knows dave would even bother posting it

Still not buying it
Up to David though really, will probably depend how he sees next season panning out, he knows his body better than anyone and if he feels he’s dropping off from his level he may decide to go this summer rather than next. He’ll probably stay but I wouldn’t dismiss the idea completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.