David Silva - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Pep is playing him hoping his form will suddenly re-emerge,sadly it hasn't for several games now . Play Foden there now .Dave is running at about 60% of his normal game and the magic is missing. Give Foden the opportunity.

Time for a week off, with cameos as needed. He’s put in a helluva shift this year, and the weight of that hair is clearly taking its toll. He would be an excellent addition from the bench in both games, and it just feels like he has more ability to be an impact player at the moment if he knows he only has 20 mins to leave it all out there.

Bernardo slotted into left mid is the natural progression, even though Bernardo prefers to operate on the left. However, now might be the right time to move KDB to the left, leave Bernardo on the right, with Sterling outside him (left footer, right footer), with KDB and Sané on the left side (two footer, left footer). This also allows the full backs to stay home every now and then, not leaving us stretched with 2 against however many break against us.

At the moment, I feel like the team picks itself, and sadly, on performance, Merlin doesn’t make it.

As with all great players the decline can be very sudden, the injury to KDB has meant Silva needed to play a lot of games. He will still have a big part to play at this club and it will be sad when he retires.

Shouldn’t start today. I’m his biggest fan but needs to be protected to preserve his status as one of our greats. The way he has been playing recently hasn’t been good enough and some people will only remember the last few months.

Given how long it took to get him stripped and playing today, I sense he is either being held in reserve for that lot or carrying an injury, and I worry it could be the latter.

I think I'll post this in both threads.

I'll be crying when Spanish Dave leaves (in fact some of the posts here have me crying already) - he didn't need to come to us, he'd have got better money elsewhere I'm sure, I am honoured to have seen him at his peak.

If Phil can pick up 50% of what David Silva has offered us, and continues to offer, I'll be VERY happy

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...tball-news/man-city-phil-foden-silva-16164205

Come on our little magician. Weave your magic for one of the final times against this miserable lot.

If ever we needed you to pull something out of your bag of tricks, tonight’s the night.

We are forever grateful for the artistry you have provided over the years. You rightfully sit beside King Colin at the head of the City legends table.

Just one more sprinkling of the magic dust will do just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.