David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd let the scousers have the league if it meant having a proper send off for David. Testimonials are one thing but I want him to do that slow walk from the middle of the pitch in his last game at home, so I (and a few others I'd imagine) can thank him. My favourite player, ever.

Much as I love Dave, the idea of letting the dippers have anything is a terrible thought. Let them stew ...............so near and yet so far. Karma for their horrible feral fans.

Much as I love Dave, the idea of letting the dippers have anything is a terrible thought. Let them stew ...............so near and yet so far. Karma for their horrible feral fans.

I wouldn’t like it one bit either mate but he’s given me years of enjoyment and I want him to have his Colin Bell moment, when the whole ground rises to acknowledge his greatness.

I wouldn’t like it one bit either mate but he’s given me years of enjoyment and I want him to have his Colin Bell moment, when the whole ground rises to acknowledge his greatness.

Pretty sure we will get an opportunity to say goodbye properly when things settle down.He is an absolute icon .

I just don't get this at all. If you're willing to give up on two competitions we're still in,as well as surrender the opportunity to see one of our greatest ever players lift those trophies/say goodbye properly, then it sounds like you're prioritising hating another team over supporting your own.

Hate the idea of Liverpool winning the league but I'll get over it in a few days. Would remember David Silva lifting the champions League trophy forever.

All moot anyway as I can't see how the season can be completed.

I just don't get this at all. If you're willing to give up on two competitions we're still in,as well as surrender the opportunity to see one of our greatest ever players lift those trophies/say goodbye properly, then it sounds like you're prioritising hating another team over supporting your own.

Hate the idea of Liverpool winning the league but I'll get over it in a few days. Would remember David Silva lifting the champions League trophy forever.

All moot anyway as I can't see how the season can be completed.

Your wrong in your assertion but thank you for explaining how I think. I detest the dippers and the media whores who continue to suck up to them and make them even more intolerable, but I am being realistic.

For what it's worth, I don't believe that we will to see David lift either the FAC or CL as I believe the season will be voided.

Shame as he is a fantastic player, and I won't forget that, winner or not of the CL. You can make your own arrangements.

If the Premier league & Uefa are planning to finish the season as late as August then i can see David extending is contract till then

From football5 today

The best player of the last decade will depart mere months into this one. David Silva described this summer as “the perfect time” to close the curtain on a transformative tenure at Manchester City and not even a global pandemic will change that.

The solitary Copa del Rey he arrived with as a 24-year-old has been supplemented with four Premier League titles, two FA Cups, five League Cups, two European Championships, one World Cup, two PFA Team of the Year nominations and, most unfathomably of all, just one Player of the Month award. Peter Odem-bloody-wingie has three.

Doing an AMA on R/soccer today at 5.

Reddit soccer is full of yank Liverpool and spurs "supporters" but there's some decent posters on there. It's been posted to the r/Mcfc subreddit too, but I thought it worth announcing on here as Bluemoon tends to be a larger percentage of local supporters.

I think a new thread will be started closer to 5.

Can't believe we won't see him ever again

David Silva on the best passer he's played alongside: "At City, we have Kevin de Bruyne, and in past years Samir Nasri and Yaya Toure. In the Spanish national team, Xavi Hernandez, Santi Cazorla, Andres Iniesta, and Cesc Fabregas..." [
@ManCityUS

David Silva on adjusting to England: "At the beginning, it was difficult, because the physicality in the UK was stronger, and the first few months were difficult, but after that I accustomed myself rapidly."

David Silva on his idols: "When I was young it was Laudrup, I watched him closely in games he played in. I always watched Juan Carlos Valeron, a player from my city. Then I always watch many other players in my position to always improve my game."

David Silva: "I’m always trying to be in the best position to receive the ball, and after that I’m looking at the movement of my teammates, and I’m looking to see who’s in the most dangerous position to score a goal."

David Silva on his funniest teammates: "I’ve played with a lot of players, but right now at City - Kyle Walker and John Stones are some of the funniest, and before, in Spain, Capdevila, Santi Cazorla and Nolito."

David Silva on the best #PL player of his era: "There have been many, but I’ll say Frank Lampard, especially because I played at the same time as him for many years. Apart from the statistics he racked up and how he played, he’s an incredible person."

David Silva on working under Pep Guardiola: "It’s really good, because you learn so much from the mindset of the manager, how he sees the game, how you can succeed. You come into things much more prepared."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.