David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by silva_is_god21, 19 Jul 2019.

1. Mike N

Mike N

I was amazed he wasn’t subbed half way through the second half. He looked like he was running in treacle. It’s odd as we’ve spent years watching him get taken off early, now he doesn’t look physically able to play a full game, he gets left on?

2. simon23

simon23

Team supported:
    ManCity
    looked to be playing with real fire in him vs West Ham - picking up positions in those little pockets and turning on a sixpence to move forward or pass forward. We are going to miss him when he goes no doubt about it.

I think it says more that even pundits are saying the Premiership is going to miss him.

3. karen7

karen7

Pep Guardiola on @21LVA: “I was talking with my staff and someone said: ‘I have never seen a player like David. He is committed to absolutely everything he does’. It doesn’t matter what happens this season, he has played more than 300 games..."

"He is part of the incredible history of this club. He is one of the greatest. There is no doubt about that. He’s going to help us and we’ll try to help him finish in the best way.”

4. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

He was great at weekend. Enjoy his last few games for the club. Nice to hear Pep talk about our incredible history - someone has clearly had a quiet word with him.

5. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

Horrible to see a great player like Merlin sat on the bench and not even considered to turn a game around , if there is any justice in this game then Merlin will get a Champs league medal at the end of the season.

Kirkstall Blue and Pete Campbell like this.
  6. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

I guess we might never see this legend in a City shirt again. What a fantastic servant, fantastic player and above all else, fantastic human being.

Sad for it to pan out this way, but aside from maybe having a goodbye testimonial in the summer, this is the end :(

7. karen7

karen7

don't say that,i hope a testimonial will be possible later in the year

8. normskih

normskih

I hope so too, but I think it will have to be after the peak of this virus.

karen7 likes this.
  9. Vic

Vic

I had a strange feeling that when he went off in the Carabao cup final, it might be a finale for him (I didn't go to Sheff Wed) - the whole stadium should have risen as we did for Zola's last game against City.

10. BlueKolarovWorker

BlueKolarovWorker

I'd let the scousers have the league if it meant having a proper send off for David. Testimonials are one thing but I want him to do that slow walk from the middle of the pitch in his last game at home, so I (and a few others I'd imagine) can thank him. My favourite player, ever.