David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the time off has given him a new lease.
He could easily give another year of quality football at this level. Play him no more than once a week and he won't decline.
Give him a blank cheque and tell him to name his price for one more year.

Looks like the time off has given him a new lease.
He could easily give another year of quality football at this level. Play him no more than once a week and he won't decline.
Give him a blank cheque and tell him to name his price for one more year.
So, what you are saying is... you want him to follow your lead for a bit longer?

He is the players’ player. Listening to his team mates (such as Joleon, last night) it is clear that for them there are footballers. Then there’s him. Edin gave the same assessment. The only player that comes close to him is Kev.
He can always turn in a performance like last night from time to time, but he can no longer deliver it week in, week out, month after month.
The greatest player that I’ve seen in that shirt, though. A decade of faultless service. Disgraceful that he’s never received the POTY. Neither him nor Sergio. Truly incomprehensible.

Haha we have another one

@ManCity
·
5m

PEP What he [Silva] has done is incredible, fantastic. Not just for the game today, for the last 10 years. What we want is for the people to come back to the Etihad for a game for him as one of the legends of the club

In the small spaces, he is maybe the best I have seen. Moving between the lines I have never seen someone like him. He came back from lockdown in incredible rhythm. If he decided to play, he could play anywhere. There’s no doubt about that.

On Silva deserving a statue] I don't know. This club had many incredible top players. Zaba, Hart, Kompany, Silva, Aguero, these types of guys. This group of players helped this club be where it is. After this kind of thing we name a street, a pitch. It’s not my business.

Missed out Mr Toure as he calls him

Included his apparent worst enemy Hart.

He is the players’ player. Listening to his team mates (such as Joleon, last night) it is clear that for them there are footballers. Then there’s him. Edin gave the same assessment. The only player that comes close to him is Kev.
He can always turn in a performance like last night from time to time, but he can no longer deliver it week in, week out, month after month.
The greatest player that I’ve seen in that shirt, though. A decade of faultless service. Disgraceful that he’s never received the POTY. Neither him nor Sergio. Truly incomprehensible.

I mean, it’s not.

It’s almost incomprehensible that Kevin didn’t win it in 17/18 given the circumstances and you could argue Toure in 13/14 tho Suarez and Salah did break the 38 game division’s scoring records.

These awards aren’t given out for being consistent at the top of the game. They’re basically given out to whoever has an exceptional season.

So out of interest, which season should Aguero have won it?

I remember my Dad telling me tales of Bell, Lee and Summerbee. Bell of course was always the one that stood out with his energy and grace.

We have been blessed with so many great players in recent times, all with their headline goals and/or performances that led to trophies, but it will be David that lives longest in our hearts and is spoken about to the next generation of City fans.

Fortunately for them, they have means to watch his performances in far more detail than we had the chance to with Bell etc.

So out of interest, which season should Aguero have won it?

Either of Silva or Sergio should have won it in 2011-12. Most probably, Sergio for that season. He hit the ground running, which is very, very difficult for a striker coming into a new league to do, he scored in his very first game, he constantly found solutions in game after game, and he scored the most iconic goal in PL history, and dragged a club to its first league title in decades. What more do you want? It is a poor joke that Van Persie got it. (I can understand Touré not winning it in 2014, because Suarez had a season the likes of which have not been seen by a striker in the PL, in my honest opinion). For David Silva, I sort of take your point. From August through to about January, Silva was nothing short of incredible, although his form dropped off somewhat — I say somewhat — for a couple of months before coming back.
So, they could have awarded it to Merlin in 2011-12, and it would have been merited, overall. If there was a Player of the Decade award, it is, hands down, his. And his fellow professionals say as much. But there isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.