David Silva - I had faith

Thaksins Love Child said:
Chick Counterfly said:
you're exactly correct about his 'bounce-back-ability'. he has a superb all round attitude to the game.

he works non-stop to link and create.... keeps the ball, never plays team mates into trouble, always offers them an outlet, he is not burdened by an overwhelming need to be the star of the show.

the other major difference between him and Robinho, is that Silva's passing is extremely accurate, whereas Robinho was a dribbler who could barely kick a ball straight.
Disagree with that, I thought Robinho's passing was a cut above at times.

Agree. Robinho could spot a pass that many a defender wouldn't have thought was a possibility. David Silva has the 'unexpected' about him and will try something different. Just hope the rest of the forwards and midfielders are on the same wavelength. Top class addition to the squad.

C1TY4LIFE said:
GStar said:
Exactly what i was thinking... plus he's started at least three games; Spurs, Timi and tonight.

A handful of games at the start of a season where Silva has been in and out is hardly "having faith". Maybe the OP just worded things a little stronger than usual.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong here? All I was trying to get at was when the Media and various fans from other teams have slagged him off I always had faith that he would prove his worth.

Yer've done nowt wrong, lad, just some awkward buggers on here trying to split a couple of hairs. Anyway there's a cracking write-up in the Torygraph today about Silva by Sandy Macaskill. The headline: SILVA WEARS PRICE TAG WELL FOR CITY, and it goes on -"Even though he has only been in England since July the 24 year-old has already been criticised as being too lightweight for the Premier League. Not a bit of it: his eyes, like a lizard, permanently on a swivel, make his size inconsequential."

Took Modric quite of bit of time to settle and get used to the premierleague and look at him go now. May take time with Silva sure, but with luck once settled will be as great for us as Modric now is for Spurs

He is our Iniesta

[bigimg]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01411/Andres_Iniesta_1411888c.jpg[/bigimg]

Ntini77 said:
He's a must starter IMO, fuck knows for who though.
It's a toughie! I have a theory, but how close to reality it will prove to be, i don't know. My theory is that once Silva's fully settled in, Adam Johnson will be on the bench quite a lot. Mancini will want to play a diamond. Milner has the vesatility to play in all of Mancini's formations, AJ does not. I see De Jong, Barry, Milner and Yaya fighting it out for the 3 places in behind Silva, with Balo and Tevez upfront, when everyone's fit.

Tricky_Trev said:
Ntini77 said:
He's a must starter IMO, fuck knows for who though.
It's a toughie! I have a theory, but how close to reality it will prove to be, i don't know. My theory is that once Silva's fully settled in, Adam Johnson will be on the bench quite a lot. Mancini will want to play a diamond. Milner has the vesatility to play in all of Mancini's formations, AJ does not. I see De Jong, Barry, Milner and Yaya fighting it out for the 3 places in behind Silva, with Balo and Tevez upfront, when everyone's fit.

Indeed. Very tough to call.

Great to have healthy competition though, just look at the way Barry has started the season.

Ntini77 said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Indeed. Very tough to call.

Great to have healthy competition though, just look at the way Barry has started the season.

100% agree there I thought Barry was a gonner this season but he's been doin really well for us since he's come back from the World Cup, IMO I think he's very much like a Didier Hamann does things in a game you don't really notice but they make a nig difference in a way.

As for how he will be picked (Silva) I reckon Mancini will play a more attacking team once they have all learnt how to play together the reason he is playing so defensively is that he want's to keep clean sheets instead of risking conceding goals as he knows the team don't know how everyone works yet.

So once everyone has got an idea of how eachother play I can very much see it being

----------------Hart-----------------

Boateng--K.Toure---Kompany--Kolarov

-----------De Jong--Y.Youre----------

A.Johnson-----------------------Milner

---------------Silva-------------------
------------------Tevez---------------

I reckon that'll be his premier league side in Europa I think he'll play a 5 man Midfield.

before the match all the papers were talking about his "troubled" start to his City career. Eedjits

the guy is pure class, a fantastic dribbler and with a truly fantastic sense of the nature of the game. This fella is what we need in midfield, a schemer.

Ideally, i think he should be playing narrowly behind the strikers (Tevez and Balo) with width provided by Johnson and the first choice fullbacks and a strong midfield of De Jong/Toure/Milner/Barry. That is a side that will really cause some problems

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.