David Silva Retires from international football.

He’s got many more years left in him, the only question is whether or not he’s good enough to get in the team.

That’s really not a question if you bothered to pay attention to the performances of the team with and without him last season.

Are Matteo and his partner going to stay in Spain year round? If so, that’s an issue if he wants to be with them all the time. Surely, they can find suitable accommodations in the leafy green suburbs of Manchester, and just jet home on Intl breaks?

I’m absolutely in favor of what City did for him last season, but he has a job to do now the littl’un appears to be doing well, and I’m sure he can get the best care possible whenever needed.

It would be brilliant to get another couple of top, top seasons out of him, if possible. If not, he will leave with the best of wishes from EVERY City fan who ever witnessed his mercurial skills and work ethic.

I don't think his partner will be bringing baby Matteo to live in England, especially through the cold winters we have. I suspect he will be given two days off after a weekend game, other than when we have a Champions league game, and will be able to fly home, have a couple of nights with his family and then come back for training Tuesday or Wednesday. We'll be seeing much more of Bernardo this season in a central role which will suit all parties I'm sure. The longer we keep David for the likes of young Phil and Brahim to watch and learn, the better.

In my opinion he is our greatest ever player.
No offence to Colin Bell because I only saw him play a couple of times.
I'm sure Spain will be disappointed by his statement, as players of David's quality are pretty thin on the ground.
It's good news for us.
No more international injuries.
I'm sure that we as fans will be equally disappointed when he hangs up his boots here.
Until that day I'll continue to enjoy his every touch.

That’s really not a question if you bothered to pay attention to the performances of the team with and without him last season.

I did, we won pretty much every game with and without him. I also paid attention to the incredible performances of Bernardo Silva the first few games of this season and the fact he’ll be competing against our best player of last season: Kevin De Bruyne. Love Dave but he’s gonna have to really fight for his place this year.

I did, we won pretty much every game with and without him. I also paid attention to the incredible performances of Bernardo Silva the first few games of this season and the fact he’ll be competing against our best player of last season: Kevin De Bruyne. Love Dave but he’s gonna have to really fight for his place this year.

I rate Bernado Silva and am so so delight that he will be the long term successor to Dave.

But “incredible performances in the first few games”? We’ve only played 2! One of them was a friendly, in which he was very good. On Sunday he was actually pretty anonymous for large periods of the game, but he scored a fantastic goal which possibly explains the exaggeration.

We play better as a team with David Silva in than without. He knits the team together, makes us more fluid, always offers an outlet, runs the game.

DeBruyne is a sensational player, and he’s all the better for having Dave alongside him. While Dave runs the game, it frees DeBruyne up to take risks with his heat seaking passes.

When Dave is not there, DeBruyne has to take on more of a playmaking role and be more cautious with his passing, and it takes away from his strengths. It’s no coincidence that KDB had his dip in form around the time Dave was away last season.

I’ve seen David Silva written off before. In fact it’s happened every season for the last 5 years. Then the games start, he plays, completely runs the game and then he’s picked for every week.

He might not start 60 games this season, but when fit I’d fancy him to start the majority of PL games and all of the relevant CL games. Reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.