David Silva signs new 5 year contract {merged}

Floptastic7 said:
LoveCity said:
cleavers said:
I shouldn't think Ladyman has the faintest idea.

Well it's also in The Guardian and apparently Soriano said in his book this is the exact way he believes contracts should be drawn (incentive based).

Great news. This contract model sounds good to me. Player theoretically pushes themselves (not that that should be an issue to begin with), club wins and fans win.

-- Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:07 pm --

gordondaviesmoustache said:
BillyShears said:
Aguero next please. :)

Superb news. Having one of those "pinch me I support Man City" moments.
There is no chance Aguero will sign a new deal, his wife hates the Manchester weather.

And he doesn't think the local golf courses are up to much either

Yes I heard that too. I think Ladyman might have mentioned it.

Hamann Pineapple said:
LoveCity said:
Ladyman says £120,000/week basic with performance-based incentives shooting it up to the £200,000/week bracket. I think this is the Soriano effect, he has a creative way of doing contracts and used it to get Messi to re-sign at Barca when others offered more.

I read that too, does that affect FFP at all ?

It will in that part of the wage increase will only apply if City are doing well and winning things in which case income is likely to increase.

Signing a new contract means that the amortization will reduce dramatically as the residual value of his original contract can now be spread over five years rather then two(?) years.

What a great deal for city and Silva its made my day this news. Its clever way of doing it and hopefully Silva can get back to his best and take us to more glory

BillyShears said:
Aguero next please. :)

Superb news. Having one of those "pinch me I support Man City" moments.

Sergio is on close to 200k already and has potentially ruled out a move to Real in loyalty to Atletico.

Sergio would have to drop his wages if he wanted to move anywhere.

Get in. This is brilliant.

He knows what we want to achieve and he wants a slice of the pie! What a legend! Absolutely buzzing, love the guy! haha

LoveCity said:
Ladyman says £120,000/week basic with performance-based incentives shooting it up to the £200,000/week bracket. I think this is the Soriano effect, he has a creative way of doing contracts and used it to get Messi to re-sign at Barca when others offered more.

If ture, it is amazing how many say Messi will be Barca for life. Barcelona had to break the bank to keep him at the club.

"The fans have always given me their support since I arrived here, and recently they've been wanting me to sign, so hopefully this goes someway to thanking them for the affection they've shown towards me, something which also helped me decide to put pen to paper."
- David Silva

This man is seriously testing my heterosexuality

xzbit04 said:
"The fans have always given me their support since I arrived here, and recently they've been wanting me to sign, so hopefully this goes someway to thanking them for the affection they've shown towards me, something which also helped me decide to put pen to paper."
- David Silva

This man is seriously testing my heterosexuality

RandyMarshJizz.jpg

It's just ectoplasm from a spooky ghost mate! haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.