David Silva

Things that came to light tonight:
1.David is definately carrying a knock and needs a rest.
2.Nasri can actually play immense.
3.David needs to be rested and Nasri needs to keep this form while he is.

Just wanted to say that I agree completely with those who say David is clearly hurting from his injured ankle. And that he needs rest.

Sadly, he's still starting and playing in all of City's games. And I don't think that will change anytime soon. Because if he's not on the squad list, City fans will be like: "Why isn't Silva on the squad list? Is Mancini on crack?" and so on and so forth.

And honestly, I'm really tired of all of the people bashing on Silva and saying he doesn't deserve what City pays him. And that he hasn't contributed to the team since December. I'm sorry but that really stinks of hypocrisy and the "...and what have you done for me lately?" syndrome. Honestly, to all of his doubters, I would love to see how you guys react if he decides to go to another team (although he probably won't, but you never know) with fans that appreciate him. Just my two cents.

Jumanji said:
I love David but he was really shit tonight. I mean really, really shit. Passes were shit. Corners were shit. Confidence seems shit.

Really shocked. Outclassed by Nasri (who would have believed that).
I'd like to add that I'd prefer we not play him until his injury is better.

1) Look at how playing with injuries fucked up Torres and many other players.

2) His form is depressing.

Absolutely love the guy, however probably his worst game in a City shirt tonight.

His body language is awful - just doesnt want the ball. Back in September/October, he was at the centre of everything, receiving every other pass.................now he looks like he just doesnt want to know.

Rest against Stoke definitely in order.....best hope Nasri picks up on Saturday where he left off tonight.

he's been off the pace for a couple of weeks for me. was poor tonight, but worse at swansea. clearly carrying a knock or something, i'd rest him at stoke and go nasri aj kun in behind dzeko

Ntini77 said:
If he's injured now, I dread to think what might happen to him after Stoke!

Time for a rest, David.

Good point. I think he should be rested for the stoke game, but then again we need all out best players... glad im not a manager

Like Barry last month, he is obviously carrying a niggle and starting him at Stoke would not benefit club or player. Jimmy and Jonno should be ahead of him until he is 100%

I'd rest him against stoke, go 4-3-3.

De Jong or Barry, Yaya and Nasri, then 3 strikers. Recently there's not been enough movement anyway, we're not stretching defenses, against Sporting Lisbon and Chelsea we've played a front 3 late on and suddenly look like scoring every time we go forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.