David Silva

Tevez City said:
If he is fully fit then he should start every game.

It will be nice to see a front 5 of Aguero, Tevez, Silva, Nasri & Yaya doing the offensive works with NDJ protecting the back four.
Not really.

Dax777 said:
Tevez City said:

It will be nice to see a front 5 of Aguero, Tevez, Silva, Nasri & Yaya doing the offensive works with NDJ protecting the back four.
Not really.

well it would.

Dax777 said:
Tevez City said:

Not really.

Care to explain ?

Love DS but he needs a rest. Stoke is a game where he needs to be rested because those fckrs are aiming for injured players when ever they can. I believe we can rest him, start with Nasri, Barry, Yaya and three strikers and we will run away with it. We need to trust we can trash any opponent w three strikers no matter what. Let them worry about us!

It's not a matter of will, or not using his talent, I don't think he can. I think he's more hurt than he's let on. ITA he passes it quickly to not get kicked, he's lost some of his trademark touch and teams still are going to respect and mark him, so yeah, he hasn't been his effective self lately.

candidme said:
Just wanted to say that I agree completely with those who say David is clearly hurting from his injured ankle. And that he needs rest.

Sadly, he's still starting and playing in all of City's games. And I don't think that will change anytime soon. Because if he's not on the squad list, City fans will be like: "Why isn't Silva on the squad list? Is Mancini on crack?" and so on and so forth.

And honestly, I'm really tired of all of the people bashing on Silva and saying he doesn't deserve what City pays him. And that he hasn't contributed to the team since December.
I'm sorry but that really stinks of hypocrisy and the "...and what have you done for me lately?" syndrome. Honestly, to all of his doubters, I would love to see how you guys react if he decides to go to another team (although he probably won't, but you never know) with fans that appreciate him. Just my two cents.
Seriously? I haven't seen this but tbh I'm not surprised. Rags and Liverpool have their deluded fans, City have hypercritical ones.
As for the doubters, they'd be shitting it if he left b4 his contract was up. Fortunately, the majority of City fans are not idiots and know he's class, just going through a really bad patch right now. He needs the rest and hopefully Samir can take the reins right now.

Tevez City said:
Dax777 said:
Tevez City said:

Not really.

Care to explain ?
I have on numerous threads. If we line up as you have suggested. Then Obviously, it would be in a 442 with Silva and Nasri slightly wide. Seeing as NDJ is only proficient at the defensive part of holding midfield, and our CDs are not particularly good at positioning when we are in possession, bringing the ball out of the back will still be arduos, and will eventually bugdown our offense. Seeing as none of the most advanced players are tall, whipped in crosses would effectively be advantage the opposition.

Knowing that, if you want to start those five together, you are bound to have to start either Barry or Preferably Pizzaro to help alleviate the ball handling problems out of the backfield. In the alternative, Yaya will simply drop deeper and create a bit of a chasm, or at best reduce his offensive impetus.

Can they play that way? Sure! Will it be as fluid as most think? Probably not! And more likely than not, it will be a front 4 with Yaya acting as conduit. A position he is quite good at, but he is so much more when actually just behind the striker.

You drop one of Silva/Nasri/Tevez (on current form) and add Pizzaro or Barry (but we know Barry's game suffers next to NDJ) behind Yaya, so he doesn't needs to drop deep, and you will likely have an even better ofensive output.

Great idea on paper, less practical when you consider the constraints.

class, all players suffer a dip, no worries he will be back soon at his peak.

the whole reason for a top quality squad.

samir was immense last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.