David Silva

Silva replaced at 57mins. He should be running the bloody show, with a little help from someone! I fear he is awaiting the 'Charlie Adam' from behind and can't seem to have the concentration he was exhibiting earlier in the season. P'raps the homesick thing is a truism - Carrington or Gran Canaria? What's up with the lad, FFS!

I noticed one of the Sunderland players targeted his ankle today and he took a nasty one of the ankle early on in the match. He is clearly in pain because he looked like he was struggling to just run off the pitch when he was subbed. I think we need to rest him because A. We're causing more damage and B. He isn't contributing anything anyway.

Roger Ringpiece said:
Its unfortunate that people just want to believe that the 'ankle injury' is the reason as there is no proof to be the case or that the 'injury' even exists.

He needs to buck his ideas up before he becomes the Spanish Robinho.

As much as I hate to say he is showing signs of what Robinho ended up doing.... Flying start to the season then just fell off big time before x-mas....

Does anyone know why he just stormed off down the tunnel as well??? I'm hoping it was just to have his leg looked at because Cattermole wasn't half kicking the shit out of him in that game!

Bloomers Bloomers said:
The massive irony being that there's every chance Silva will be runner up to Van Persie in Player of the Season award next month!!! Aren't they voted for in January? Only since then his form has dropped.

Anonymous again today, did nothing of note, and yet its Balotelli (scorer of two) who is made a scapegoat again

its balos behavior that people are miffed at, his demeanor.

I think one of the problems with leaving Silva out of the team is that if Mancini does this, and we dont win, people will bemoan the 'lack of creativity' etc for leaving him out and it will fall on Mancini's head, plus there is always the chance he will recapture his form and Mancini doesnt seem to want to miss out on this possibility at the moment.

The effect his drop in form has had on City's performances and results recently cannot be underestimated.

Silva has to play for me if we are going to get close to winning the league. However, he's going to have to raise his game and prove he's the player we think he can be.
Theres no doubt his lack of form has contributed to our mini slump but he aint the only one to blame.

lindy64 said:
Silva has to play for me if we are going to get close to winning the league. However, he's going to have to raise his game and prove he's the player we think he can be.
Theres no doubt his lack of form has contributed to our mini slump but he aint the only one to blame.

He is not much use to us when he is injured. Rather play an in-form Nasri rather than an injured Silva. Rest him and bring him back for the derby :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.