David Silva

jonmcity said:
Blue_Raider said:
Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Silva fan (my City and Spain shirts have his name on) but I think we should let him go back home to Gran Canaria now. He has his injury plus maybe a bit homesick. At the moment it's like playing with ten men so let him rest....have a great tournament for Spain then come back to us in August ready to tear the Premier League apart!

We should not let him play for Spain if he is injured. Send him for treatment and get him sorted physically for next season. He can do this at home in Gran Canaria if he wishes.

I agree. Depending upon the extent of the injury, if surgery is required then i would rather he get himself fit and ready for next season's campaign instead of postponing it and potentially making it worse than necessary.

Silva's horrible form (hey, it happens to the best of them, he'll overcome it) is one of the main reasons I've been so concerned (even before the last 2-3 results) about our title chances. Not to be confused, I still hope and believe, but it IS going to be tough, especially now.

The midfield just isn't getting the job done. They're being overrun and there's no creativity or quality balls being supplied to the men up front. It's a HUGE concern. Guys like Mario and Dzeko especially are the type of player who rely on quality build up play, and at the moment we just don't have it.

Without a doubt, I would start Nasri and put Silva on the bench. Assuming Nasri is fit/good to go.

Lets stop piling on here. Silva has had about 3 poor games. What he has not had are the stellar man of the match games of late. He is not actually playing horribly, just not as dominant. The idea is still there, the movement is still there. The touch is a bit off, and the space he thread the passes thru has disappeared coz teams are tighter in the middle and defenses are playing us better.

Perhaps we need a player who can get Dave the ball in more dangerous situations, where he can use is brain and touch more effectively.

Hmmm! I wonder if we have such a CM on our books? :(

Dax777 said:
Lets stop piling on here. Silva has had about 3 poor games. What he has not had are the stellar man of the match games of late. He is not actually playing horribly, just not as dominant. The idea is still there, the movement is still there. The touch is a bit off, and the space he thread the passes thru has disappeared coz teams are tighter in the middle and defenses are playing us better.

Perhaps we need a player who can get Dave the ball in more dangerous situations, where he can use is brain and touch more effectively.

This is basically right - he isn't playing awful just not at the level he was before Jan.

The thing is everybody said we would be f*cked if he got injuredand this slight drop in form has showed us what would have happened - we have no one else who can pick the pass and because we have no real width we don't have a plan B

Dax777 said:

All he needs is a rest. We should probably play him against Arsenal, but rest him against WBA and Norwich. Nasri's starting to come good.

Mourinho nearly always takes his #1 playmaker Ozil off between 70 and 80 minutes to conserve his energy as he's so important. When you add up those 10-20 minutes over the season it probably 'rests' him for several games (in addition to games where he really is rested and put on the bench). This is what we could do with Silva, especially if Nasri continues to play better and can fill the role. Or if we press ahead with our interest in Hazard he can also do the playmaker role.

onceabluealways said:
Dax777 said:

This is basically right - he isn't playing awful just not at the level he was before Jan.

The thing is everybody said we would be f*cked if he got injuredand this slight drop in form has showed us what would have happened - we have no one else who can pick the pass and because we have no real width we don't have a plan B
Yes we do :P We are just content not using him ;(

LoveCity said:
Mourinho nearly always takes his #1 playmaker Ozil off between 70 and 80 minutes to conserve his energy as he's so important. When you add up those 10-20 minutes over the season it probably 'rests' him for several games (in addition to games where he really is rested and put on the bench). This is what we could do with Silva, especially if Nasri continues to play better and can fill the role. Or if we press ahead with our interest in Hazard he can also do the playmaker role.
The idea of Hazzard joining the fold, especially if he can step up to the level, is mouth watering. We'd have the brains of Silva, Movement of Nasri and attacking skill of Hazzard, all behind an Active Aguero. That just sounds mouth watering. The only sad part is that this will push Yaya back into CM and thus we'd have to play an English type DM.

But better yet, I'd like those 3 exchanged as much as possible. 2 of 3 starting, but never all 3. Yaya at AM and a registra (say Benat or Luca Cigarini) running the show from deep. And (Martinez, or Vertonghen) at CD next to Kompany.

We'd still have our shortcomings, but we'd be gaddem close to a League winning team as I can think.

MCFC BOB said:
It's time to bring out the Andy Gray Book of Clichés again.

"Wail Andy, ah haf tae see that form as tempreh, but class ees permanent."

So the guy speaking to andy is also scotch? By god, we are over run by the fuckers!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.