David Silva

Silva needs players of his ability around him to pass and hold the ball with. Look at Ashley Young today. Looked like Xavi out there because of the players around him.

City looked big and strong and lacking skill. United looked small, quick and full of control

mmadave1 said:
whothefisAlice said:
mmadave1 said:
i agree with this,at times he is like or ffs someone move into a decent space for me

Happens when i play with fookers who dont know what they're doing too. I reckon Tevez got plenty of those feelings last year. Not saying our supporting cast isn't class or dont know what they're doing, it's just it's hard to expect a team of 10 Silvas running around..just not gonna happen.

we should sign you up ;)

Pal, as a lad I thought I were destined for the stars. Played at the S.O.E for 3 years and for Unicorn Athletic. Claim to fame for my kids will be that I scored for the Blues vs Bolton in a 3-1 win. Anyway..back to business.......

King Geedorah said:
So when's he going to perform in a competitive match against an organised defence?

Yes he can take Blackpool (Conceded the most goals last season) or Inter (New manager, uncompetitive game) to pieces but we have paid more than £20 million for a world cup winner who goes missing when the going gets tough.

Hey hey, you ever heard the saying, "Go F*** yourself."

dref619 said:
the problem with silva, is that he is like kinky at time. even in a squad of multi-million pound players, there is no other fucker good enough to be on his wavelength
true thats why we need another playmaker to take the pressure off of him. Shut Silva down you stop City scoring, thats not a good position to be in.

whothefisAlice said:
Nobody performed well today in my humble opinion, besides Micah who was lucky to stay on the pitch after that stupid tackle on the edge of the box (how one of those Rag fks on the edge of the box didnt go in is beyond me..i was cringing every time!!). You wanna pick on our David?? FFS. Don't suppose anybody noticed Yaya today hey?????? WHERE THE F##K WAS YAYA TODAY??

Im sorry but the worse player on the pitch by a country mile was Yaya and someone has the bollocks to have a go at Silva. FFS!!

Looked like a sunday leaguer after a night out on the piss today Yaya did!!

Friendly. Rags 1 Us 0 2011/12

Yes please! Finally, someone with some sense.

Yaya looked shagged that night, Mancini should have subbed him out early, but probably he wanted Yaya to use the match to get into shape.

Did Yaya miss the pre-season due to injury?

citymad said:
dref619 said:
the problem with silva, is that he is like kinky at time. even in a squad of multi-million pound players, there is no other fucker good enough to be on his wavelength
true thats why we need another playmaker to take the pressure off of him. Shut Silva down you stop City scoring, thats not a good position to be in.

Thats why top teams are the top teams, as they have playmakers all over the pitch. If you stop Messi then Xavi and Iniesta can pick you apart and feed to Pedro and Villa. If you stop Ronaldo (big if for both those mentioned) then Ozil and Alonso can pick you apart from mid. I think you can see where im going. I'd rather stick my knob in a high powered blender than admit United have more playmakers than us, but, no...nope...where's that blender at??<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:45 pm --<br /><br />Dont think Sneijder would solve our problems but I do think a Nasri or a Modric would do the trick. If Yaya's gonna play deeper (and if that pathetic excuse for a performance today is any indication as to his early season form this year) then I think it's safe to say we'd all agree Silva needs some of the load off his shoulders.

Let's not forget Aguero will probably play deeper than Dzeko/Balo/(tevez?) so he will be playing right off Silva. If he is who we all think he is then Aguero could just be the extra creativity we need, plus a healthy goalscorer to boot!!!

Todays match aside, and the moaning and complaining and shock and sadness etc. etc. we have the best squad in the league and probably all of Europe (yes even better than barca and real), and I think we're in for a wonderful season. CTID

LoveCity said:
If we want to be the "Barcelona of England" (did someone really have a banner in our end saying that?) then Silva would be a key component. Silva looked for movement so he could play a perfect ball but with Balotelli brooding on the left and Dzeko not the fastest or most agile, Silva had to look and look and look for options and probably saw an army of nothing but red shirts so too often had to play the simple pass.

Now imagine Tevez and Aguero had been on the pitch instead, neither ever keeps still and is always on the move, it would have given the rag defenders a much bigger headache. To be anything resembling Barca, we'd need something more like that as well as well as someone like Nasri alone with Silva.

Silva is top drawer, most of the time if he underperforms it will be like someone said because others aren't on the same wavelength! Imagine we had signed Suarez instead of Dzeko (who I really hope is a success but don't think he will excel in our setup) in January, we'd have a front three of Suarez/Aguero/Silva now (with Nasri about to join them) and that would be perfect for the system we're trying to achieve.

I agree the movement was poor. Yaya looks back to where he was at the beginning of last season. How could Silva play when there was no platform behind him and no outlet in front?

Young said:
whothefisAlice said:
Nobody performed well today in my humble opinion, besides Micah who was lucky to stay on the pitch after that stupid tackle on the edge of the box (how one of those Rag fks on the edge of the box didnt go in is beyond me..i was cringing every time!!). You wanna pick on our David?? FFS. Don't suppose anybody noticed Yaya today hey?????? WHERE THE F##K WAS YAYA TODAY??

Im sorry but the worse player on the pitch by a country mile was Yaya and someone has the bollocks to have a go at Silva. FFS!!

Looked like a sunday leaguer after a night out on the piss today Yaya did!!

Friendly. Rags 1 Us 0 2011/12

Yes please! Finally, someone with some sense.

Yaya looked shagged that night, Mancini should have subbed him out early, but probably he wanted Yaya to use the match to get into shape.

Did Yaya miss the pre-season due to injury?

Got hurt vs. Vancouver on a god awful pitch. Didn't do much at all after that the entire preseason. Looked pretty good against Inter (then again the entire team did with Merlin the ace) but I think the ankle/foot knock hampered his own preparation a bit yea.

The midfield movements around him were awful. Yaya, Milner, and De Jong were so static and predictable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.