David Silva

King Geedorah said:
So when's he going to perform in a competitive match against an organised defence?

Yes he can take Blackpool (Conceded the most goals last season) or Inter (New manager, uncompetitive game) to pieces but we have paid more than £20 million for a world cup winner who goes missing when the going gets tough.

Attention seeker..or knows fook all about football ,now which is it..???

I think both.

So aside from one set piece in a friendly yesterday, when has Silva actually produced something against an organised top class defence?

For all the abuse I've had I'm yet to see any counter examples, just excuse after excuse after excuse. There's no denying Silva's talent, I'm questioning his application when it matters.

citymad said:
dref619 said:
the problem with silva, is that he is like kinky at time. even in a squad of multi-million pound players, there is no other fucker good enough to be on his wavelength
true thats why we need another playmaker to take the pressure off of him. Shut Silva down you stop City scoring, thats not a good position to be in.
its why id prefer nasri over sneijder, because hes abit more mobile

King Geedorah said:
So aside from one set piece in a friendly yesterday, when has Silva actually produced something against an organised top class defence?

For all the abuse I've had I'm yet to see any counter examples, just excuse after excuse after excuse. There's no denying Silva's talent, I'm questioning his application when it matters.

His application when it matters? Every competitive game matters and over the course of a season he contributes more than enough. Against Arsenal last season when we were down to 10 men he was outstanding, at home to Chelsea he played extremely well and in the semi final against United last season he also played well along with everyone else

I agree; for all his ability on the ball, as a decisive footballer David Silva falls short. Missed too many sitters at key moments (from 4 yards vs United at Old Trafford last season with the scores 0-0) to be considered a great player. Will be more useful in the CL, where the game is slower and technically more refined.

AW88 said:
I agree; for all his ability on the ball, as a decisive footballer David Silva falls short. Missed too many sitters at key moments (from 4 yards vs United at Old Trafford last season with the scores 0-0) to be considered a great player. Will be more useful in the CL, where the game is slower and technically more refined.

It depends how you define a great player. I agree to be considered one of the very best adding more goals to his game is required however we are still talking about an absolutely exceptional footballer.

franksinatra said:
AW88 said:

It depends how you define a great player. I agree to be considered one of the very best adding more goals to his game is required however we are still talking about an absolutely exceptional footballer.

No one would doubt he is an absolutely exceptional footballer, what we are saying is he needs to become an absolutely exceptional performer.

I will freely admit Silva rarely has a bad game (Unlike other players) - he never loses the ball and doesn't have many defensive responsibilities so it's hard to. My main complaint is he never takes a big game by the bollocks, scores a goal or even just snag an assist. To me, in a big game doing those 3 is the sign of a quality player. Think Toure's Wembley goals, Tevez against Chelsea or his trio in the derbies last year, Adebayor's performances against Arsenal, Robinho against Arsenal etc.

King Geedorah said:
franksinatra said:
AW88 said:

No one would doubt he is an absolutely exceptional footballer, what we are saying is he needs to become an absolutely exceptional performer.

I will freely admit Silva rarely has a bad game (Unlike other players) - he never loses the ball and doesn't have many defensive responsibilities so it's hard to. My main complaint is he never takes a big game by the bollocks, scores a goal or even just snag an assist. To me, in a big game doing those 3 is the sign of a quality player. Think Toure's Wembley goals, Tevez against Chelsea or his trio in the derbies last year, Adebayor's performances against Arsenal, Robinho against Arsenal etc.

Thats what makes Tevez exceptional and one of the best in the world in his position. He scores in the big games and why he will be sorely missed.

However I think Silva is a bit different, to me he is the player who links the play rather than the player to provide the final ball, similar to modric at Spurs or Xavi at Barca. Other players grab the headlines but he starts the ball rolling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.