David Silva

franksinatra said:
However I think Silva is a bit different, to me he is the player who links the play rather than the player to provide the final ball, similar to modric at Spurs or Xavi at Barca. Other players grab the headlines but he starts the ball rolling.

If this is true he plays far far far too high up the pitch to do it. With Barry/De Jong not likely to score or assist we are left with 3 players to score and assist nigh on all of our goals. Toure is hardly prolific and at times the other player can be Johnson or Milner. That's far too much pressure on one striker to score that many goals.

Before someone starts the problem is not Barry; if Silva is linking play then a play maker like Alonso would not help the cause. We're not going to find anyone who can play Barry's role and score/assist regularly.

Either Silva needs to shape up or we need to change the system.

King Geedorah said:
franksinatra said:
However I think Silva is a bit different, to me he is the player who links the play rather than the player to provide the final ball, similar to modric at Spurs or Xavi at Barca. Other players grab the headlines but he starts the ball rolling.

If this is true he plays far far far too high up the pitch to do it. With Barry/De Jong not likely to score or assist we are left with 3 players to score and assist nigh on all of our goals. Toure is hardly prolific and at times the other player can be Johnson or Milner. That's far too much pressure on one striker to score that many goals.

Before someone starts the problem is not Barry; if Silva is linking play then a play maker like Alonso would not help the cause. We're not going to find anyone who can play Barry's role and score/assist regularly.

Either Silva needs to shape up or we need to change the system.

Well I would agree with the latter the system maybe the problem. There is a lack of goals in the team with us being far too reliant on Tevez. You made the point about Yaya getting two vital goals. He did but in his position should we expect more goals? Considering for instance in the same formation the contribution of Lampard goals wise. Before I get slated its not a criticsim of Yaya just wondering if he is in the correct position

Is it Aug 8th or have i been asleep for a year and its april fools day. Seriously cant take in what the Op is saying about arguablly the best player city have ever had certainly in the last 20 years. Fuck me if we didnt have sil va no way would we have finished 3rd. Makes me sick the shit people come out with. some posters on here are a Fucking joke and have not got a clue. You could have picked on any of the11players yet you picked silva,no still dont get it sorry.

Ive heard it all know...posters on Bluemoon with better footballing sense than David Silva..

Either this is a clarkie or im losing it..

King Geedorah said:
franksinatra said:
AW88 said:
I agree; for all his ability on the ball, as a decisive footballer David Silva falls short. Missed too many sitters at key moments (from 4 yards vs United at Old Trafford last season with the scores 0-0) to be considered a great player. Will be more useful in the CL, where the game is slower and technically more refined.

It depends how you define a great player. I agree to be considered one of the very best adding more goals to his game is required however we are still talking about an absolutely exceptional footballer.

No one would doubt he is an absolutely exceptional footballer, what we are saying is he needs to become an absolutely exceptional performer.

I will freely admit Silva rarely has a bad game (Unlike other players) - he never loses the ball and doesn't have many defensive responsibilities so it's hard to. My main complaint is he never takes a big game by the bollocks, scores a goal or even just snag an assist. To me, in a big game doing those 3 is the sign of a quality player. Think Toure's Wembley goals, Tevez against Chelsea or his trio in the derbies last year, Adebayor's performances against Arsenal, Robinho against Arsenal etc.

Did this idiot just say Silva never snags an assist, someone ask him was he asleep yesterday.

Fat Chance said:
Did this idiot just say Silva never snags an assist, someone ask him was he asleep yesterday.

Fair enough. Even so one assist from a set piece and no goals in how many big games?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.